流行口語 第178課
时间:2018-12-16 作者:英语课 分类:EPT美语 第三级(初高中适用)
Larry 和李华正准备出门,到 Larry 父母家过周末.今天李华会学到两个常用语: to hit the road 和 to have a hissy fit 1。
LL: Come on, Li Hua. It's time to hit the road! We've got 2 a long drive ahead 3 of us.
LH: 哎哟,进来进来,着什么急嘛!对了,你说 It's time to hit the road? Hit 是打的意思,我们为什么要打马路啊?
LL: To hit the road means 4 to leave. It's time for us to leave.
LH: 哦~, to hit the road 就是出发、上路的意思.哎哟,我的包还没装好吔!
LL: Li Hua, I told you that we need to hit the road by 9:00 am if we're going 5 to make it to my parents' house before dark 6.
LH: 我知道!你说过要在天黑以前到啊,就必须 9 点前出发.我只要再几分钟就好啦。
LL: All right, but please hurry up. I hate 7 driving on country roads after dark. It can be dangerous.
LH: 哎哟,好啦好啦,你别催我啦!对了. Larry,我们可不可以先去吃个早餐啊?
LL: I don't want to stop right after we hit the road. You can have a snack 8 now and then we'll stop for lunch.
LH: 什么啊?你要我先吃点零食,等到中午才吃午饭啊?可是我现在好饿喔!而且啊我家里什么吃的都没有啦。
LL: How about this: If you can be ready to hit the road in five minutes, then we can stop for breakfast. Otherwise 9, you're just going to have to wait until 10 lunch.
LH: 你怎么还要讲条件啊!五分钟内出发我就能吃早饭,否则就得等到中午再吃饭.没问题,我啊只要三分钟就够了。
LL: Are you sure you have everything you need?
LH: 嗯~,我想应该都带齐了吧.好啦,我们走吧! Let's hit the road!
LL: It's about time! I'll go and put your bag in the car.
LH: 你去把我的包放到车里啊?那就麻烦你啰.别忘了, breakfast before we hit the road!
…………………………………………………………………..
LH: Larry,你开过麦当劳了啦!不是说好了要先去吃早餐的吗?
LL: Sorry, I missed the turn. We can turn around and go back. There's no need to have a hissy fit.
LH: 你在说什么啊? Have a hissy fit?那是什么意思啊?
LL: To have a hissy fit means to get really upset 11 about something and throw a tantrum.
LH: To have a hissy fit 就是发脾气的意思.我没有生气啦,我只是以为你是故意不去麦当劳的嘛。
LL: Well, look, I'm going to stop. See? You're going to get what you want, so there is no need to have a hissy fit.
LH: 我跟你说了我没有生气嘛!你干嘛一直这样说我啊?
LL: Oh great. Now, you're going to have a hissy fit because I asked you not to have a hissy fit.
LH: 吔,等等等等,你在说什么啊?我发脾气是因为你叫我别发脾气?你都把我搞胡涂了啦。
LL: Yeah, let's just forget about the whole 12 thing and go get some breakfast. I'm actually 13 a little hungry, too.
LH: 就是啊,别再说什么生气不生气了.我好饿喔,赶快坐下来吃早餐吧!
LL:Hey Li Hua, look at that little boy. He's having a hissy fit!
LH: 哪个孩子啊?喔,那边那个男孩儿啊.我们进来的时候啊他就已经在闹了.也许啊他是没有拿到麦当劳的玩具。
今天李华学到两个常用语.一个是: to hit the road,就是“出发、上路”的意思.另一个常用语是: to have a hissy fit,这就是“发脾气”的意思。
- I am sure you can fit me in somewhere.我相信你能找个地方安排我。
- She is fit for the job.她适合做这项工作。
- I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
- I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
- We have to go ahead to find a garage.我们得到前边找个修车厂。
- Youth looks ahead and age backward.青年人向前看,老年人向后看。
- That man used artful means to find out secrets.那人使用狡猾的手段获取机密。
- We must get it done by some means or other.我们总得想办法把它干完。
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
- The night is too dark for us to see.夜间太暗,我们看不见。
- The sky was dark blue and clear when the moon came up.月亮出来时,天空是深蓝色的,非常晴朗。
- We hate our enemy.我们憎恨敌人。
- Snakes are my special hate.蛇是我最憎恶的东西。
- I only have a snack at lunch time.午饭我通常只吃一份快餐。
- Let's have a snack at the nearest restaurant.咱们找个近便的饭馆吃点吧。
- You'd better go now,otherwise you'll miss the train.你最好现在就走,要不然就赶不上火车了。
- He is noisy,but otherwise a nice boy.他爱吵闹,但在其他方面却是个好孩子。
- He arrived home until midnight.他直到半夜才到家。
- She didn't sleep until midnight.她直到半夜才睡。