职场英文口语 第252期:裁员(3)
时间:2018-12-16 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Why? What are you in the way of?No Anna. 为什么?你挡什么道了?不,安娜。
To step aside is a polite way of saying to leave your position in the company. To step aside是离开公司职位的礼貌说法。
Oh. I don't understand Paul. Why? 我不明白,保罗,为什么啊?
He says the company needs new direction and more dynamic leadership. 他说公司应有新方向及强有力的领导。
Crumbs 1 Paul, you can't get more dynamic than you! 哎呀,保罗,没人能比你更有活力了!
Tom!But Paul, you've been a great boss.Thanks Anna. 汤姆!可是保罗,你是个好老板。谢谢,安娜。
I guess it's the economic climate, we're not making enough money so cutting staff is inevitable 2. 我想是因为经济不景气,我们赚不到足够多的钱,所以裁员不可避免。
Yeah but you cut Denise's job. 没错,可你把丹尼斯辞退了啊。
Yes but we had to get her back because she was necessary for the smooth running of the department. 是的,但我们不得不让她回来,因为她对公司正常运作很必要。
That's right.But Mr Socrates says I'm 'surplus to requirement'.Oh, that doesn't sound good… does it? 没错。但苏格拉底先生还说我很多余。听起来不是很好,是吗?
If Paul's job is 'surplus to requirement', it means his input 3 to the business is no longer needed. 如果保罗是surplus to requirement,就是说不再需要保罗工作的意思。
标签:
英文口语