职场英文口语 第187期:解除混乱(2)
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Everything OK Tom? 一切顺利吗,汤姆?
Oh yeah, everything's cool. 一切顺利。
Actually Denise, it's not. 丹尼斯,其实不是这样。
I think we're all going to be sacked tomorrow by Mr Socrates. 我认为我们明天都会被苏格拉底先生解雇。
What? ! No! 什么?不!
I've got a hairdresser's appointment on Saturday, how am I going to pay for it now? 我周六约了理发师,我该怎么付钱啊?
What am I going to do? 我该怎么办?
I know, I'll call Marge. 我知道了,我给玛吉打电话。
Hey Brian, Pete… we're all going to be sacked tomorrow. 布莱恩,皮特……我们明天都要被解雇了。
Erm… Anna, you've got a problem brewing 1.What? 安娜,你马上要有大问题了。什么?
Tom's spreading rumours 2 about job cuts. 汤姆正在散布裁员的谣言呢。
Everyone's starting to panic. 大家都开始恐慌了。
Oh no! I'd better do something but what shall I say? 不!我最好做点什么,但我该说什么呢?
Call a meeting quickly. 马上召开会议。
Tell the team 'there are some rumours going around that are not true'. 告诉团队说,现在散播的谣言是造谣。
Say, 'I am trying to establish the facts and I will let you know as soon as I have some information'. 我正在证明事实,一旦有了消息我会马上告诉你们。
You could say 'I would be grateful if you hear any rumours, not to pass them on'. 你可以说“如果听到任何谣言,不传谣会让我感到欣慰。”
This can be a tricky 3 situation and you need to handle it well. 这会是一个棘手的情况,你要小心处理。
Good luck! 好运!
Gosh. This is hard but here goes. 天啊,这太难了,但是必须要做。
n.传闻( rumour的名词复数 );风闻;谣言;谣传
- The rumours were completely baseless. 那些谣传毫无根据。
- Rumours of job losses were later confirmed. 裁员的传言后来得到了证实。
标签:
职场英文