职场英文口语 第182期:如何领导他人(2)
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
I'll just get her… get better soon Paul. 我去找她,快点好起来,保罗。
Anna, Anna, it's Paul on the phone, he wants to speak to you – sounds important. 安娜,保罗打来电话了,他想跟你说话,听起来很重要。
Me? Oh right, can you transfer 1 the call please? 我?好的,请把电话转来吧。
Hello Paul, are you OK? 你好,保罗,你还好吗?
Not really. 不太好。
Damn 2 Garibaldi biscuit got wedged 3 in my throat, ended up banging 4 my head on a table trying to get it out. 该死的葡萄干饼干卡在了我的喉咙里,最后我得用头撞桌子才把它弄出来。
Oh dear, so you're not coming to work today? 上帝,所以你今天不来上班了?
I'm afraid not, I need to rest for a few days so I was wondering, in fact I'm asking you, could you act up? 恐怖不行了,我需要休息几天,所以我想知道,我其实想问你,你能代理一下职位吗?
I've told you before Paul, I can't act… or even sing. 我跟你说过,保罗,我不会表演或唱歌。
No, no Anna. 不,安娜。
Act up, I mean do my job for a bit – be the boss – just for a day or two. “Act up” 我的意思是代理我的职位,当一两天老板。
Me? ! Be the boss? ! 我?当老板?
What? ! 什么?!
It's quite easy really. 这真的很简单。
Just check my diary and you'll see what needs doing. 看看我的日志,你就知道要做什么了。
And if you have any problems just… erm… just ask Denise.Thanks Anna. 如果有任何问题就问丹尼斯。谢谢,安娜。
n. 迁移, 移动, 换车; v. 转移, 调转, 调任
- He has been kicking against this transfer for weeks. 几周以来他一直反对这次调动。
- I intend to transfer the property to my son. 我想把这笔财产转给我儿子。
int.该死,他妈的;vt.指责,贬斥,诅咒
- Damn this useless typewriter!这台破打字机真该死!
- I knew damn well what he was going to say.我非常清楚他要说什么。
楔( wedge的过去式和过去分词 ); 楔形物; (击高尔夫球的)楔形铁头球棒
- The bone wedged in his throat and strangled him. 骨头卡在喉咙里使他窒息。
- He wedged himself through the narrow window. 他从狭窄的窗户中挤了过去。
标签:
职场英文