背诵为王 第 一 册 第 71 课
时间:2018-12-08 作者:英语课 分类:背诵为王第一册
71 Computer Chess
In May 1997, IBM's supercomputer, called Deep 1 Blue, beat 2 Gary Kasparov, the great chess player 4 from Russia 5, in New York. This was 6 the first time a supercomputer had 7 ever 8 beaten 9 a man in traditional 10 chess, although 11 men had often lost to computers when playing speed 12 chess. In traditional chess, players 13 have as 3 much time as they want for their moves, but in speed chess their time is limited 14.
The IBM computer is able 15 to know between two and three million 16 chess positions 18 every second. It can make 100 billion 19 moves in the time it takes a man to make one.
The first time Kasparov played Deep Blue was in Philadelphia in 1996. Kasparov won 20 that first match. In May 1997 there was a match again, and Deep Blue won. Deep Blue got 21 $700,000 for the game, and Kasparov took 22 home $400,000. Now Kasparov wants to play a third match to decide 23 who is the best player, but IBM says that Deep Blue has "retired 24?
supercomputer 超级计算机 traditional 传统的 move 一步棋
position 17 位置,方位 billion 十亿 retire 25 退休
计算机弈棋
1997年5月,IBM的超级计算机“深蓝”在纽约击败了俄罗斯伟大的国际象棋大师卡斯帕罗夫。虽然下快棋时人们经常输给计算机,但这是超级计算机在传统棋类上第一次击败人类。在下传统棋时,棋手有足够的时间考虑再出棋,而下快棋时思考时间是有限的。IBM的计算机每秒可以计算200万到300万手棋,可以在人走一步棋所需的时间里走1 000亿步棋。 1996年,卡斯帕罗夫在费城第一次与“深蓝”交手,卡斯帕罗夫赢得了比赛。1997年5月,他们又进行了一次比赛,这次“深蓝”赢了。从这场比赛中“深蓝”赢得了70万美元的奖金,而卡斯帕罗夫也将40万美元收至囊中。现在卡斯帕罗夫想进行第三次比赛来看谁才是最好的棋手,而IBM说“深蓝”已经退休了。
- The sky is deep blue.天空是深蓝色的。
- We talked deep into the night.我们谈至深夜。
- You can fight him,but can you beat him?你可以打他,但是你能击败他吗?
- The dry grass caught fire, but we beat it out.干草着火了,但我们将它扑灭了。
- He got work in a hotel as a waiter.他在一家旅馆找到了当服务生的工作。
- In the hotel,the old men were drinking away as usual.在旅馆里,这些老人和往常一样喝个不停。
- She is our best player.她是我们最好的运动员。
- He is quite a good player.他是一个满不错的选手。
- During his summer vacation he visited Russia.暑假期间他去俄罗斯了。
- America and Russia are great powers.美国和俄国是两大强国。
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
- Have you ever been to hangzhou?你曾经去过杭州吗?
- I will be young and strong and beautiful for ever.我将永远年轻、强壮,永远漂亮。
- They were comprehensively beaten in the final. 他们在决赛中一败涂地。
- She was often beaten by her drunken husband. 她常常遭到酗酒丈夫的毒打。
- I prefer traditional chinese music.我更喜欢传统的中国音乐。
- My mother is a traditional woman.我母亲是位传统的女人。
- Although my car is very old,It'still runs very well.我的汽车虽然很旧,但仍然跑得很快。
- Although he worked hard,he failed in the exam.虽然他很努力,但他考试没有及格。
- The car was running at high speed.汽车急速地向前行驶。
- We'll never get there if he doesn't speed up. 如果他不快些走,我们一定到不了那里。
- one of the all-time great players 历来最杰出的选手之一
- The choice of players for the team seemed completely arbitrary. 看来这个队的队员完全是随意选定的。
- He limited each person to one cup of tea.他限制每人只喝一杯茶。
- Since time is limited,I'll have to stop here.由于时间关系,就谈到这里吧。
- How good and able he is!瞧他多能干啊!
- He is able to do this job well.他有能力做好这件工作。
- I've seen it a million times.我在书上看过无数遍了。
- What will you do if you had a million dollars?如果你有一百万美元,你会干什么?
- He is the only possible man for the position.他是担任该职务的惟一合适人选。
- You don't understand what a difficult position I'm in.你不会明白我的处境多么困难。
- He elevated many of his friends to powerful positions within the government. 他将许多朋友都提拔到政府部门的要职上。
- Women are still something of a rarity in senior positions in business. 在商界位居高职的妇女仍然十分罕见。
- A billion is a large number.十亿是个大数目。
- They've spent nearly a billion dollars on it already.他们已经在那上面花了近10亿美元。
- I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
- I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
- I took my dog for a walk along the river.我带着狗沿那条河散步。
- It took me about two hours to cook the meat.我花了大约两个小时来煮这些肉。
- It's a difficult question to decide.这是个难以决定的问题。
- I can't decide which to choose.我无法决定要选哪一个。