见信如晤Letters Live 第8期:'卷福'读信:我全心全意去拥抱您
时间:2019-02-27 作者:英语课 分类:见信如晤Letters Live
英语课
19th of November, 1957
1957年11月19日
Dear Monsieur Germain:
亲爱的杰曼先生:
I let the commotion 1 around me these days subside 2 a bit before speaking to you from the bottom of my heart.
在我由衷的感谢您之前,我让我最近躁动的内心稍稍平静了一些。
I have just been given far too great an honour, one I neither sought nor solicited 3.
我刚刚被授予了一个我这一生都望尘莫及的莫大荣耀。
But when I heard the news, my first thought, after my mother, was of you.
而在我得知这个消息之后,除我母亲外,我第一个想到的,就是您。
Without you, without the affectionate hand you extended to the small poor child that I was, without your teaching and example, none of all this would have happened.
如果没有您,如果不是您用慈爱的手抚慰我这个可怜的小孩,如果不是您的谆谆教诲和以身作则,这一切的一切都无从谈起。
I don't make too much of this sort of honour.
我并没有荣誉等身。
But at least it gives me the opportunity to tell you what you have been and still are for me, and to assure you that your efforts, your work, and the generous heart you put into it still live in one of your little schoolboys who, despite the years, has never stopped being your grateful pupil.
但至少它给了我机会让我告诉您,您对于我无论今与昔到底是怎样的存在,一样也是一个机会让您知晓,您对那些小男孩倾注的努力、您的辛勤工作、您的慷慨用心,作为您的一名学生,至今历历在目,无论时光流逝,我仍是那个感激您的学生。
I embrace you with all my heart.
我全心全意地拥抱您。
Albert Camus
阿尔伯特·加缪
n.骚动,动乱
- They made a commotion by yelling at each other in the theatre.他们在剧院里相互争吵,引起了一阵骚乱。
- Suddenly the whole street was in commotion.突然间,整条街道变得一片混乱。
vi.平静,平息;下沉,塌陷,沉降
- The emotional reaction which results from a serious accident takes time to subside.严重事故所引起的情绪化的反应需要时间来平息。
- The controversies surrounding population growth are unlikely to subside soon.围绕着人口增长问题的争论看来不会很快平息。
标签:
见信如晤