TED演讲 没错,我制造了一个核聚变发生器(1)
时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
So my name is Taylor Wilson. I am 17 years old and I am a nuclear physicist 1, which may be a little hard to believe, but I am. 我叫泰勒 威尔逊,今年17岁,我是一名核物理学家,可能你们很难相信,但我确实是。
And I would like to make the case that nuclear fusion 2 will be that point, that the bridge that T. Boone Pickens talked about will get us to. 我想说核聚变就是布恩·皮肯斯(他的TED演讲里)谈到的能引领我们前进的桥。
So nuclear fusion is our energy future. And the second point, making the case that kids can really change the world. 核聚变就是未来的能源。第二点就是孩子能改变世界。
So you may ask -- (Applause) You may ask me, well how do you know what our energy future is? 你可能会问--(掌声)你可能会问我,你怎么知道未来的能源是什么?
Well I built a fusion reactor 3 when I was 14 years old. That is the inside of my nuclear fusion reactor. 我14岁的时候造了一个核聚变反应堆,这是里面的构造。
I started building this project when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I decided 4 I wanted to make a star. 我是在12,13岁的时候开始这项工程的。我决定我要造个星星出来。
Now most of you are probably saying, well there's no such thing as nuclear fusion. 你们可能会说,现在没有实用的核聚变。
I don't see any nuclear power plants with fusion energy. Well it doesn't break even. 我没看到过有核发电站采用核聚变。确实是这样。
It doesn't produce more energy out than I put in, but it still does some pretty cool stuff. 它并没有产生多于我放进去的能量,但是确实产生了一些有趣的事情。
And I assembled this in my garage, and it now lives in the physics department of the University of Nevada, Reno. 我在我的车库里组装起来,现在它在内华达大学雷诺分校的物理系。
And it slams together deuterium, which is just hydrogen with an extra neutron 5 in it. 结合起来我们就得到了氘, 氘其实就是氢和多余的一个中子在里面。
So this is similar to the reaction of the proton chain that's going on inside the Sun. 因此这个跟在太阳里面的质子链那个反应很像。
And I'm slamming it together so hard that that hydrogen fuses together, and in the process it has some byproducts, and I utilize 6 those byproducts. 而且我在很用力地把他们结合在一起,当氢原子结合在一起的时候,会有一些附属品产生,而我就利用了这些附属品。
n.物理学家,研究物理学的人
- He is a physicist of the first rank.他是一流的物理学家。
- The successful physicist never puts on airs.这位卓有成就的物理学家从不摆架子。
n.溶化;熔解;熔化状态,熔和;熔接
- Brass is formed by the fusion of copper and zinc. 黄铜是通过铜和锌的熔合而成的。
- This alloy is formed by the fusion of two types of metal.这种合金是用两种金属熔合而成的。
n.反应器;反应堆
- The atomic reactor generates enormous amounts of thermal energy.原子反应堆发出大量的热能。
- Inside the reactor the large molecules are cracked into smaller molecules.在反应堆里,大分子裂变为小分子。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
n.中子
- Neutron is neutral and slightly heavier than the proton.中子是中性的,比质子略重。
- Based on the neutron energy,the value of weighting factor was given.根据中子能量给出了相应的辐射权重因子的数值。
标签:
TED演讲