TED演讲:用玩具创造世界(3)
时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
Now once we mate, we click on the egg. 我们一旦交配之后,就可以点这个蛋。
And this is where the game starts getting interesting, 这样游戏就变得很有趣了,
because one of the things we really focused on here was giving the players very high-leverage tools, 因为我们的重点工作致意就是让玩家利用事半功倍的工具,
so that for a very small amount of effort the player can make something very cool. 简单而巧妙地做出很酷的事情。
And it involves a lot of intelligence on the tool side. 工具栏中包含了很多的智慧。
But basically, this is the editor 基本上,这就是编辑工具,
where we're going to design the next generation of our creature. 我们可以用它设计我们的生物的下一代。
So it has a little spine 1. 它有一个小脊柱,
I can move around here. I can extend. 它可以移动,可以延伸。
I can also inflate 2 or deflate it with the mouse wheel, so you sculpt 3 it like clay. 我也可以用这个鼠标操纵的转盘来使它膨胀或者紧缩,这样你就可以塑造它的形状,
We have parts here that I can put on or pull off. 就像捏橡皮泥一样。这儿我们有零件,你可以添加或者拆减。
The idea is that the player can basically design 我们的理念是,玩家可以用这个编辑工具设计
anything they can think of in this editor, and we'll basically bring it to life. 任何他们想设计的东西,然后让它有了生命。
So, for instance, I might put some limbs on the character here. 比如,我可以在这个家伙身上装一些肢体。
I'll inflate them kind of large. 我要把它们胀大。
And in this case I might decide I'm going to put -- 这儿我打算——
I'll put mouths on the limbs. 我打算在它的肢体上加几个嘴巴。
So pretty much players are encouraged to be very creative in the game. 所以这个游戏鼓励玩家尽可能地发挥他们的创意。
Here, I'll give it one eye in the middle, maybe scale it up a bit. Point it down. 这里,我要在中间安一只眼睛,放大,视线向下一点。
And I'll also give it a few legs. 我还要给它装几条腿。
So in some sense we want this to feel like an amplifier for the player's imagination, 所以我们想要这个游戏,能够放飞玩家的想象,
so that with a very small number of clicks a player can create something 这样玩家只要轻点鼠标,就能创造
that they didn't really think was possible before. 他们以前想也不敢想的东西。
You know, this is almost like designing something like Maya that an eight-year-old can use. 你瞧,这就像是一款八岁的小孩都能使用的玛雅设计软件。
But really the goal here was, within about a minute, 我们真实的意图是,让玩家可以在一分钟之内,
I wanted somebody to replicate 4 what typically takes a pictorial 5 artist several weeks to create. 制作出一个平面设计师一般需要几周来创作的东西。
OK, now I'll put some hands on it. 好,现在我要为它加上几只手。
OK, so here I've basically thrown together a little creature. 嗯,这样我就拼装好了一个小生物。
Let me give it a little weapon on the tail here, so it can fight. 我接着在它的尾巴上添一个小武器,这样它就能战斗了。
OK, so that's the complete model. Now we can actually go to the painting phase. 好啦,大功告成。然后我们就可以为它涂色了。
Now, at this phase, the program actually has some understanding of the topology of this creature. 在这个阶段,程序实际上对这个生物的拓扑有自己的理解。
It kind of knows where the backbone 6 is, 它知道哪里是后背,
where the spine, the limbs are. 哪里是脊柱,哪里是肢体。
It kind of knows how stripes should run, how it should be shaded. 它知道条纹应该如何分布,如何造型,
And so we're procedurally generating the texture 7 map, 于是我们就顺理成章地得到了这个纹理图。
and this is something a texture artist would take many, many days to work on. 这样的作品交给一个纹理艺术家来做可能需要很多天。
n.脊柱,脊椎;(动植物的)刺;书脊
- He broke his spine in a fall from a horse.他从马上跌下摔断了脊梁骨。
- His spine developed a slight curve.他的脊柱有点弯曲。
vt.使膨胀,使骄傲,抬高(物价)
- The buyers bid against each other and often inflate the prices they pay.买主们竞相投标,往往人为地提高价钱。
- Stuart jumped into the sea and inflated the liferaft.斯图尔特跳到海里给救生艇充气。
n.雕刻,雕塑,雕刻品,雕塑品
- When I sculpt,my style is expressionistic.我的雕刻风格是表现主义。
- Then,sculpt the remaining fringe parting.然后雕刻剩余的边缘部分。
v.折叠,复制,模写;n.同样的样品;adj.转折的
- The DNA of chromatin must replicate before cell division.染色质DNA在细胞分裂之前必须复制。
- It is also easy to replicate,as the next subsection explains.就像下一个小节详细说明的那样,它还可以被轻易的复制。
adj.绘画的;图片的;n.画报
- The had insisted on a full pictorial coverage of the event.他们坚持要对那一事件做详尽的图片报道。
- China Pictorial usually sells out soon after it hits the stands.《人民画报》往往一到报摊就销售一空。
n.脊骨,脊柱,骨干;刚毅,骨气
- The Chinese people have backbone.中国人民有骨气。
- The backbone is an articulate structure.脊椎骨是一种关节相连的结构。
标签:
TED演讲