TED演讲 如果我有一个女儿…(2)
时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away. 因为再没有比这儿更美的事,当大海不断吻合着海岸线时,不管多少次大海被冲刷回去,它依旧在那儿潮起潮落。
You will put the wind in win some, lose some. You will put the star in starting over, and over. 在风中奇缘中你会赢人心,即会失人心。在星辰下你得周而复始地循环。
And no matter how many land mines erupt in a minute, be sure your mind lands on the beauty of this funny place called life. 不管有多少地雷一触即发,要确信你的心灵会在这个曼趣的地方所谓“美丽人生”里扎根。
And yes, on a scale from one to over-trusting, I am pretty damn 1 naive 2. But I want her to know that this world is made out of sugar. 是的,从个体到过度信任的转变中,我的确过于天真。但让她知道这世界是由蜜糖构成的。
It can crumble 3 so easily, but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out and taste it. 它也会轻易间荡然无存,但是不要害怕用舌头来品尝它。
"Baby", I'll tell her, "remember, your momma is a worrier, and your poppa is a warrior 4, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking for more." 我会告诉她“宝贝儿”,“记住,你妈妈是个杞人忧天者,你爸爸是个战士,你是一个有着小巧玲珑的双手,又有双大眼睛的女孩,那双眼睛从来都因好奇而问个没完儿。”
Remember that good things come in threes and so do bad things. 记住好事成三儿,坏事儿亦然。
Always apologize when you've done something wrong, but don't you ever apologize for the way your eyes refuse to stop shining. 当你做错事时,常要道歉。但决不要为不能让你双眼熠熠生辉的事而道歉。
Your voice is small, but don't ever stop singing. 你的声音虽小,但决不要停止歌唱。
And when they finally hand you heartache, when they slip war and hatred 5 under your door and offer you handouts 6 on street-corners of cynicism and defeat, 当他们最终交给你的只有心痛,当他们把战火和仇恨席卷到你的家门口,在街头巷口鼓动你的那些冷嘲热讽和幻灭的宣传语时,
you tell them that they really ought to meet your mother. 你告诉他们,他们的确应该来见见你的母亲。
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢。谢谢。谢谢。
int.该死,他妈的;vt.指责,贬斥,诅咒
- Damn this useless typewriter!这台破打字机真该死!
- I knew damn well what he was going to say.我非常清楚他要说什么。
adj.幼稚的,轻信的;天真的
- It's naive of you to believe he'll do what he says.相信他会言行一致,你未免太单纯了。
- Don't be naive.The matter is not so simple.你别傻乎乎的。事情没有那么简单。
vi.碎裂,崩溃;vt.弄碎,摧毁
- Opposition more or less crumbled away.反对势力差不多都瓦解了。
- Even if the seas go dry and rocks crumble,my will will remain firm.纵然海枯石烂,意志永不动摇。
n.勇士,武士,斗士
- The young man is a bold warrior.这个年轻人是个很英勇的武士。
- A true warrior values glory and honor above life.一个真正的勇士珍视荣誉胜过生命。
n.憎恶,憎恨,仇恨
- He looked at me with hatred in his eyes.他以憎恨的眼光望着我。
- The old man was seized with burning hatred for the fascists.老人对法西斯主义者充满了仇恨。
标签:
TED演讲