实战口语情景对话 第309期:Lunch 午餐
时间:2019-02-20 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Nicola: Hi, Cat, that looks like a lovely salad you got there.
尼科拉:你好,凯特,那看起来像是美味的沙拉。
Cat: Thanks it is.
凯特:谢谢,的确是。
Nicola: What has it got in it?
尼科拉:里面都有什么?
Cat: Um, I cheated and I bought one of those pre-packaged lettuce 1 with herbs and some leftover 2 food from last night, but it's good. It's got some couscous and vegetables, some grilled 3 veggies, and then salad and olive oil and vinegar for dressing 4.
凯特:嗯,我偷了个懒,我买的是预先包好的莴苣和食品,还有一些昨晚剩下的食物,不过还是不错的。里面有蒸粗麦粉食物和蔬菜,还有一些烤蔬菜,然后用沙拉酱、橄榄油和醋来调味。
Nicola: Ah, so you're a bit of a cook or, I don't know, you enjoy preparing food.
尼科拉:嗯,你就像厨师一样,我不太清楚这么说是不是准确,你很享受准备食物的过程。
Cat: Yeah, I guess so. I wouldn't call myself a cook but I enjoy eating well.
凯特:对,我想是的。我不会称我自己是厨师,不过我喜欢吃好吃的东西。
Nicola: OK, so do you go out much to eat, or do you kind of stay at home, or?
尼科拉:好,那你是常出去吃饭,还是喜欢在家里吃饭,或者别的?
Cat: I can't afford it right now, but I wouldn't mind going out every now and then.
凯特:目前我不太能负担起经常去外面吃饭,不过我倒是愿意偶尔出去吃。
Nicola: Let's say if you had a $100 now, and you could go to any restaurant, anywhere in the world, where would you go?
尼科拉:如果你现在有100美元,你可以去任何餐厅,世界上任何地方的餐厅,你想去哪里呢?
Cat: I would go for very expensive sushi. I think. Something good.
凯特:我想我会去吃非常昂贵的寿司。去吃好东西。
Nicola: And anything else? What about for dessert?
尼科拉:还有其他的吗?甜点吃什么?
Cat: Oh, I don't know. One of those fancy restaurants and buy a $20 dessert or something like that, if there is such a thing. I don't even know. Creme brulee. That's one of my favorites.
凯特:哦,我不知道。可能去一家高级餐厅,买一份20美元的甜点或是类似的东西,如果那里有这种甜点的话。我真不太清楚,可能是焦糖布丁吧。那是我最喜欢的甜点之一。
Nicola: Creme brulee! What's creme brulee?
尼科拉:焦糖布丁!焦糖布丁是什么?
Cat: We'll have to ask one of our French friends for that one. What's that mean? Cream? Creme brulee. I don't know. It's good though.
凯特:嗯,我们要问问我们的法国朋友那是什么了。那是什么意思?焦糖布丁。我不知道。不过很好吃。
Nicola: Is it ice-creamy or creamy or?
尼科拉:那是冰淇淋还是奶油?
Cat: It's got, um, what is it? It's that dish. It's a custard, with a, they put the heat. A hot, like a flare 5 gun. What is it? It's a heat gun over the custard and it makes the sugar harden and then on the inside it's all custard. If that makes sense. It's really good. It's nice, though.
凯特:嗯,那是什么?那是一道甜点。是一种蛋奶沙司,然后用那个类似于喷枪的东西……那是什么呢?就是在蛋奶沙司上用热空气喷枪加工,这会使糖变硬,里面就全是蛋奶沙司了。如果你能理解的话。那真的很好吃。非常棒。
Nicola: It sounds really good.
尼科拉:听起来真不错。
Cat: Yeah!
凯特:对啊!
Nicola: Oh, so you'll have to meet yourself a Frenchman and get him in the kitchen.
尼科拉:你要找到一个法国人,然后让他进厨房里做。
Cat: I'll have to find one in the kitchen.
凯特:我得找个人进厨房。
Nicola: Well, good luck. Thanks for talking to us.
尼科拉:祝你好运。谢谢你跟我们聊天。
Cat: Yeah! See you next time.
凯特:嗯!下次见。
n.莴苣;生菜
- Get some lettuce and tomatoes so I can make a salad.买些莴苣和西红柿,我好做色拉。
- The lettuce is crisp and cold.莴苣松脆爽口。
n.剩货,残留物,剩饭;adj.残余的
- These narrow roads are a leftover from the days of horse-drawn carriages.这些小道是从马车时代沿用下来的。
- Wonder if that bakery lets us take leftover home.不知道那家糕饼店会不会让我们把卖剩的带回家。
n.(食物)调料;包扎伤口的用品,敷料
- Don't spend such a lot of time in dressing yourself.别花那么多时间来打扮自己。
- The children enjoy dressing up in mother's old clothes.孩子们喜欢穿上妈妈旧时的衣服玩。
标签:
口语