实战口语情景对话 第316期:Rugby 橄榄球
时间:2019-02-20 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: OK, Kevin, I hear that you're from Wales 1.
托德:凯文,我听说你来自威尔士。
Kevin: Yes, I'm from Wales.
凯文:对,我来自威尔士。
Todd: And you're really into rugby!
托德:那你肯定非常热爱橄榄球!
Kevin: Yeah, I love rugby. Um, in Wales everybody plays rugby, in primary school, in juniorhigh school we play rugby. When I was in high school everybody in my high school had to play rugby. All the boys had to play rugby. And it's our national sport.
凯文:对,我非常喜欢橄榄球。在威尔士,所有人都玩橄榄球,我们在小学和中学都会玩橄榄球。我上高中的时候,我们学校的所有学生必须都要打橄榄球。所有的男生都必须打橄榄球。这项运动是我们的国球。
Todd: OK. Uh, do you still play now?
托德:好。那你现在还打橄榄球吗?
Kevin: Ah, I played about five years ago. I played in Japan in Kobe. The club was called Kobe Regata club.
凯文:我五年前还在打。当时我在日本神户打过橄榄球。那家俱乐部名为神户Regata俱乐部。
Todd: OK.
托德:好。
Kevin: And they were very strong. Yeah, but in this country you play on sand, but in Wales you play on grass. It's a lot easier to play rugby in Wales.
凯文:对手非常强壮。不过在日本这里橄榄球是在沙子上玩的,可是在威尔士我们是在草地上玩。在威尔士打橄榄球要容易得多。
Todd: Um, What's the best thing about rugby?
托德:橄榄球最好的地方是什么?
Kevin: Violence 2. Ah, it's very good because you can run and you can hit somebody and you don't go to jail 3 for doing it so...it's the same as if you've been to America, the same as American football. Uh, it's very strong and when you practice you become stronger. Your body becomes stronger and it's just fun to play rugby.
凯文:暴力。这点非常好,因为你可以跑动,撞击某人,而你却不会为此而进监狱……在美国也是一样的情况,与美式橄榄球一样。嗯,这是一项强壮的运动,而你可以在练习中变得更加强壮。你的身体会变得很强壮,打橄榄球非常有乐趣。
Todd: Have you ever broken a bone or...?
托德:那你有骨折或是……
Kevin: I've broken my nose, I've had about ten stitches 5 in my bottom lip 4. Ah, I've broken a finger. That's not too bad. Many of my friends have broken their legs and knees... and problems but not too bad for me.
凯文:我的鼻子骨折过,我的下嘴唇缝了十针。我的手指也骨折过。这还不算太糟。我有很多朋友的腿和膝盖都骨折过……这是这项运动的问题,不过对我来说不算太坏。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Kevin.
托德:很好。谢谢你,凯文。
Kevin: Thank you.
凯文: 谢谢你。
n.威尔士(在大不列颠岛西南部)
- The company are opening up a new factory in Wales.公司将在威尔士开一家新工厂。
- She teaches English at the University of Wales.她在威尔士大学教英语。
n.暴力,暴虐,暴行,猛烈,强烈,强暴
- It was an absolutely senseless act of violence.这是毫无意义的暴力行为。
- They attacked with violence.他们猛烈攻击。
n.监狱,看守所;vt.监禁,拘留
- The castle had been used as a jail.这城堡曾用作监狱。
- If she carries on shoplifting,she'll end up in jail.她如果还在店铺里偷东西,最终会被抓进监狱的。
n.唇,口缘,唇状构造;v.以嘴唇碰,轻轻说出
- He bit his lip nervously,trying not to cry.他紧张地咬着唇,努力忍着不哭出来。
- He has a scar on his upper lip.他的上唇有一道疤痕。
标签:
口语