第310期:You're Amazing
时间:2019-02-20 作者:英语课 分类:卡卡课堂早餐英语
英语课
人类一直在探寻这三个问题的答案:我是谁?我从哪来?我要去哪?不管这三个问题的答案已经探索到何种地步,你每天还是会吃饭,睡觉,上班,学习,思考。可能,你有时会厌倦这样的生活,似乎自己在重复着和别人一样的人生。你感到无聊,却深感无奈。
但你需要知道一件事情,在这个世界上,你是独一存在的,即使有人和名字相同,但是性格和境遇也会不同。即使有人和你长的相似,但他的声音也许和你不一样。是的,我们太容易找到和我们相似的人,或者遇到相似的境遇,但我们每个人都是独立不相同的。在这个世界上,你找不到和你一模一样的人。今天我们听到的这篇英语美文《令人敬畏的你》讲述的就是这样的一个你。一个和任何人不一样的你。一个令人敬畏的你。
重点词汇:
gazillion n. 极大量
whimsy 1 n. 怪念头;反复无常
virtue 2 n. 美德;优点;
intentionally 3 adv. 故意地,有意地
devour 4 v.吞食;毁灭
Consider YOU. In all time before now and in all time to come, there has never been and will never be anyone just like you.
试想一下……你!一个空前绝后的你,不论是以往还是将来都不会有一个跟你一模一样的人。
You are unique in the entire history and future of the universe.
你在历史上和宇宙中都是独一无二的。
Wow !Stop and think about that. You're better than one in a million, or a billion, or a gazillion...
哇!想想吧,你是万里挑一、亿里挑一、兆里挑一的。
You are the only one like you in a sea of infinity 5!
在无穷无尽的宇宙中,你是举世无双的!!!
You're amazing! You're awesome 6! And by the way, TAG, you're it. As amazing and awesome as you already are, you can be even more so.
你是了不起的!你是卓越的!没错,就是你。你已经是了不起的,是卓越的,你还可以更卓越更了不起。
Beautiful young people are the whimsy of nature, but beautiful old people are true works of art.
美丽的年轻人是大自然的奇想,而美丽的老人却是艺术的杰作。
But you don't become "beautiful" just by virtue of the aging process.
但你不会因为年龄的渐长就自然而然地变得“美丽”。
Real beauty comes from learning, growing, and loving in the ways of life.
真正的美丽源于生命里的学习、成长和热爱。
That is the Art of Life. You can learn slowly, and sometimes painfully, by just waiting for life to happen to you.
这就是生命的芝术。你可以只听天由命,慢慢地学,有时候或许会很痛苦。
Or you can choose to accelerate your growth and intentionally devour life and all it offers.
又或许你可以选择加速自己的成长,故意地挥霍生活及其提供的一切。
You are the artist that paints your future with the brush of today. Paint a Masterpiece. God gives every bird its food, but he doesn't throw it into its nest. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, it's truly up to you.
你就是手握今日之刷描绘自己未来的艺术家。画出一幅杰作吧!上帝给了鸟儿食物,但他没有将食物扔到它们的巢里。不管你想要去哪里,不管你想要做什么,真正做决定的还是你自己。
n.古怪,异想天开
- They are like oracular messages,but witty-jaunty at times-and sometimes trembling on the edge of whimsy.它们都像神谕,但很机智,有时极其轻快,有时又濒于怪诞。
- He had a whimsy about flying to the moon.他有个想飞上月球的怪念头。
n.德行,美德;贞操;优点;功效,效力
- He was considered to be a paragon of virtue.他被认为是品德尽善尽美的典范。
- You need to decorate your mind with virtue.你应该用德行美化心灵。
ad.故意地,有意地
- I didn't say it intentionally. 我是无心说的。
- The local authority ruled that he had made himself intentionally homeless and was therefore not entitled to be rehoused. 当地政府裁定他是有意居无定所,因此没有资格再获得提供住房。
v.吞没;贪婪地注视或谛听,贪读;使着迷
- Larger fish devour the smaller ones.大鱼吃小鱼。
- Beauty is but a flower which wrinkle will devour.美只不过是一朵,终会被皱纹所吞噬。
n.无限,无穷,大量
- It is impossible to count up to infinity.不可能数到无穷大。
- Theoretically,a line can extend into infinity.从理论上来说直线可以无限地延伸。