向前一步:第193期 全能女人是个神话(26)
英语课
We rock and read together, just a quiet (okay, not always quiet), joyful 1 moment at the end of their day. 我们一起摇着、一起读书,这算是他们一天当中最安静(好吧,也不是每次都那么安静)、最快乐的时刻。
They drift off to sleep and I drift (okay, run) back to my laptop. 之后,他们不情愿地上床睡觉,而我也不情愿地(好吧,是一路小跑地)坐回我的电脑前。
It's also fun when my two worlds collide. 当我的两个世界相撞时,也挺有意思的。
For a period of time, Mark hosted Monday-night strategy sessions at his house. 有那么一段时间,马克·扎克伯格会在每周一晚上要求大家召开战略会议,
Because I wouldn't be making it home for dinner, my kids came into the office. 这样我就没法回去吃晚饭,所以会带孩子们来我的办公室。
Facebook is incredibly family friendly, and my children were in heaven, 脸谱网对员工家属的友好令人惊讶,对孩子们来说就像到了天堂:
entranced by pizza, endless candy, and the huge pile of Legos that the engineers kindly 2 share with young visitors. 进屋就有比萨吃,糖果取之不尽,而且工程师们也很乐意和这些小访客分享一大堆乐高玩具。
It made me happy that my kids got to know my colleagues and my colleagues got to know them. 我很高兴孩子能和同事们结缘。
Mark had been teaching my son how to fence, so they would sometimes practice with pretend foils, which was adorable. 扎克伯格一度教我儿子怎样击剑,他们有时候还会拿着仿制的宝剑进行练习,那场景很有意思。
I would never claim to be able to find serenity 3 or total focus in every moment. I am so far from that. 我从没说过自己能每时每刻都保持平和的心态,或是完全集中注意力,我远远没有做到这一点。
But when I remember that no one can do it all and identify my real priorities at home and at work, 但每次我都会先提醒自己,世上没有完人,之后再确定在家里和在公司时最重要的工作是什么,
I feel better, and I am more productive in the office and probably a better mother as well. 于是心情就会好很多,工作效率也会更高,很可能还是个更好的母亲。
Stanford professor Jennifer Aaker's work shows that setting obtainable goals is key to happiness. 斯坦福大学的教授詹妮弗·阿克尔的研究显示,设定一个可达到的目标是幸福的关键。
Instead of perfection, we should aim for sustainable and fulfilling. 我们需要追求的不是完美,而是要以可持续、可实现的计划为目标。
The right question is not "Can I do it all?" but "Can I do what's most important for me and my family?" 我们需要问的不是“我能做到一切吗”,而是“我能不能做到那些对我和家人来说最重要的事”
adj.欢乐的,令人欢欣的
- She was joyful of her good result of the scientific experiments.她为自己的科学实验取得好成果而高兴。
- They were singing and dancing to celebrate this joyful occasion.他们唱着、跳着庆祝这令人欢乐的时刻。
adj.和蔼的,温和的,爽快的;adv.温和地,亲切地
- Her neighbours spoke of her as kindly and hospitable.她的邻居都说她和蔼可亲、热情好客。
- A shadow passed over the kindly face of the old woman.一道阴影掠过老太太慈祥的面孔。
标签:
向前一步