篮球英文堂 第34期:以赛亚奥斯汀,让梦想再次起航(4)
英语课
I really didn't think much about Marfan
我真的没往马方综合征那方面多想
I was like what are the odds 1 that you know I have this
我只是觉得,这种事发生在我身上又能有多大几率呢
So I'm driving home from work thinking Isaiah will be the first draftee with a disability
当时我正下班开车回家,还想着以赛亚会是第一位身有残疾的新秀
And how many people he can continue to inspire
多少人能一直被他激励下去
And then I get the phone call from the doctor, and he gave us the diagnosis 2 that
然后我就接到了医生的电话,他把诊断结果告诉了我
You know, the test came back positive, and we are stunned 3
你也知道,测试结果阳性,然后,我们都傻了
We didn't even know what to do, stunned
我们都不知道该干什么好,就傻了
It was different if, you know this is the first thing he's gone through
那种情况不太一样,你明白吧,如果这是他第一次遇到这样的挫折,那还好说
But it wasn't
但已经不是第一次受这样的打击了
以赛亚奥斯汀
I was like man, like, I'm not going to be the great basketball player that my family is gonna look up to any more
我就想,天啊,我再也不能成为光宗耀祖的伟大球星了
You know I'm just gonna be a normal human being
你懂得,我以后也就泯然众人了
Welcome to the 2014 NBA draft at Barkley Center
欢迎来到巴克莱中心2014年NBA选秀大会
Although Isaiah would no longer be drafted
虽然以赛亚不可能再被选中了
NBA commissioner 4 Adam Silver invited Isaiah and his family to experience the event
NBA总裁亚当-萧华还是邀请了以赛亚和家人参加选秀大会,现场感受这种气氛
I was happy that I got to go to New York. I know it was different from what I wanted it to be
我很高兴能去到纽约,虽然不是为我一直梦想的东西而来
But at the same time I knew that I was gonna be able to experience my brothers getting drafted
但与此同时,我知道我能够现场见证兄弟们被选中
I thought I was just gonna sit in the green room the whole time, just being able to witness the draft
我以为我会在小绿屋里一直坐着了,只是旁观整个选秀
With the next pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the NBA selects Isaiah Austin out of Baylor University
2014年NBA选秀下一顺位,NBA联盟选中了来自贝勒大学的以赛亚-奥斯汀
n.让步,机率,可能性,比率;胜败优劣之别
- The odds are 5 to 1 that she will win.她获胜的机会是五比一。
- Do you know the odds of winning the lottery once?你知道赢得一次彩票的几率多大吗?
n.诊断,诊断结果,调查分析,判断
- His symptoms gave no obvious pointer to a possible diagnosis.他的症状无法作出明确的诊断。
- The engineer made a complete diagnosis of the bridge's collapse.工程师对桥的倒塌做一次彻底的调查分析。
标签:
篮球英文堂