篮球英文堂 第116期:库里为什么在23岁结婚(2)
英语课
Uh, you know, I found the right one, so didn't wanna waste any time.
然后你懂得,我遇到了对的人,就不想在浪费任何时间了
You start a family and get married and life is good with her.
就结婚、组建家庭,有她的生活很美好
You have a young daughter now: Riley.
你们现在有个小女儿,莱利
I understand, you actually like delivered her.
我记得,你是亲自给女儿接生的吧
Yes, that was an experience.
对,很棒的经历
I didn't know going into the delivery 1 process, that was...
其实准备接生的时候,我没想到
I was going to be that hands-on.
要我动手的地方这么多
Riley came so fast and I almost didn't have time to get my scrubs 2 on.
莱利出来的很快,我几乎都没时间戴手套
Cause I was actually, you know, taking care of Ayesha when she's getting epidural.
因为我其实也要帮阿耶莎打止疼针,要照顾着她
That whole process, Riley was hustling 3 to come out.
就在那会儿,莱利就等不及要出来了
and we were rushing and get my scrubs on and get into position and
我们急急忙忙的,我手套都没带好,就得准备就位
doctor came, you wanna take over? What? What you mean? I don't know what I am doing,
医生来了说,你想来么?我想啊你说什么?我都不知道该干啥
I just stand right here, hold Riley for the first time when she comes out and it was a very cool experience.
我就呆站在那里,第一次抱着莱利,真的是很棒的经历
How has having a child changed you?
有孩子之后你有什么样的改变呢?
It put everything in perspective 4, I will never have a bad day.
真的给了我完全不一样的视角,我永远不会有不高兴的时候了
When I go home, my wife and daughter, to enjoy life with, so uh,
回到家,有老婆有孩子,可以享受生活
especially, with basketball having that as my career, you're very competitive 5 when you get bad game, or you lose.
尤其因为我是打篮球的,发挥不好输球时,竞争心一上来,就会脑热
n.交付;投递;分娩;解救者;演讲的风格
- The strike caused a great delay in the delivery of the mail.这次罢工严重地延误了邮件的投递。
- He was employed at the local grocery store as a delivery boy.他受雇于当地杂货店当送货员。
n.灌木丛,矮树丛( scrub的名词复数 )v.用力擦洗,刷洗( scrub的第三人称单数 );取消(原有安排);对…不予考虑,取消
- But how much can you spend in Parkhurst or the Scrubs, Gene? 但是你能在监狱里花多少呢,基恩? 来自电影对白
- The attendant scrubs you down with soap and water. 服务人员用肥皂和水把你擦干净。 来自互联网
催促(hustle的现在分词形式)
- Our quartet was out hustling and we knew we stood good to take in a lot of change before the night was over. 我们的四重奏是明显地卖座的, 而且我们知道在天亮以前,我们有把握收入一大笔钱。
- Men in motors were hustling to pass one another in the hustling traffic. 开汽车的人在繁忙的交通中急急忙忙地互相超车。
n.视角,观点,想法
- You can get a perspective of the whole city from here.从这里你可以看到城市的全景。
- We may get a clear perspective of the people's happy lives.我们知道人民对幸福生活的展望。
adj.竞争的,比赛的,好竞争的,有竞争力的
- Some kinds of business are competitive.有些商业是要竞争的。
- These businessmen are both competitive and honourable.这些商人既有竞争性又很诚实。
标签:
篮球英文堂