一些关于‘马’的习语
时间:2019-02-18 作者:英语课 分类:英文语法词汇
英语课
‘dark 1 horse’的意思是‘黑马’,用来描述那些可能会赢,但是却不在大众预期之中的人。
I think Coleman is a dark horse for the medal 2.
我觉得科尔曼是竞争奖牌的一匹黑马。
‘not look a gift horse in the mouth’的意思是指你不应该抱怨你免费得到的东西。
The shirt is a bit 3 tacky but you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
这件衬衫是有点俗气,但你不应该抱怨你免费得到的东西。
‘put the cart 4 before the horse’的意思是把马车放在了马的前面,用来描述以一个错误的顺序做事情。
Choosing what you're going 5 to wear before you've been invited 6 is putting the cart before the horse.
在你被邀请之前就去选择你要穿什么,就好比你把马车放在了马的前面,顺序是错误的。
adj.黑色的;暗的;黑暗的
- The night is too dark for us to see.夜间太暗,我们看不见。
- The sky was dark blue and clear when the moon came up.月亮出来时,天空是深蓝色的,非常晴朗。
n.奖章,勋章,纪念章
- He has won a gold medal.他获得了一枚金质奖章。
- When did china win the first medal at olympic games?中国首次获得奥运奖牌是在哪一年?
n.一点儿,少量;钻头;马嚼子;辅币,位,比特(二进位制信息单位);v.控制
- I'm just going out for a bit.我正打算出去一会儿。
- When did you change the bit?什么时候换的钻头?
n.(二轮或四轮)运货马车,手推车;vt.用马车装载,用手提(笨重物品),强行带走
- We use this to cart the goods.我们用这个来拉运货物。
- Let's go over and help them pull the cart.咱们过去帮他们拉车。
n.去,离去,地面(或道路)的状况,工作情况;(复数形式)goings: 行为;adj.进行中的,流行的,现存的
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
标签:
习语