《柯南脱口秀》第7期:简直像登月一样
英语课
And, it was...it was pretty rough there. 挺艰辛的
I have to say,I had the experience of moving out here, 我得说 我是22岁时
When I was 22 and it was like going to the moon. 搬了过来 简直像登月一样
you know,I was just getting started in the business and not having any idea, 我刚刚入行 我根本不知道
like, not really having a real job yet and not knowing what I was going to do and being freaked out. 没有份正经工作 也不知道我能做什么 特别害怕
Was it like that way for you? 你也是那样吗
Yeah,I mean, I had...I had a school that I was in,that I was able to go to for a little while but you don't have no money, you really... 是啊 当时有所学校 我去了一阵子 但我没有钱
You don't...I don't...I didn't know the area and I was living in a strange place.I didn't have a bed for a while. 我不熟悉这一带 我住在一个很怪的地方 很长一段时间没有床睡
what do you mean you didn't have a bed? -I just didn't have a bed. -I had a bed.-I didn't even have a 什么叫没床睡 -就是没床睡 -我都有床-我甚至都没有
I started crashing at a friend's house because I didn't, couldn't afford rent. 我起初是住在朋友家 我付不起房租
I laid down a bunch of towels,I slept on about five towels for a while. 我放了一堆毛巾 有一段时间是睡在五条毛巾上的
And then I got my..., and then I got an apartment, I was able to get an apartment in the complex 后来我在大楼里找到一间公寓
and actually found a mattress 1 in the dumpster in the carport and I thought sweet, free mattress. 在车库的垃圾箱里找到了一张床垫 我还想 太棒了 免费床垫啊
So I hauled 2 it up to my new apartment,slept on it,woke up the next morning covered in red bumps 3. 我把床垫拖进我的新公寓里 睡在上面 第二天早上醒来浑身是红点
But I kept it.-No, that's when anyone else burns it. 但我还是把它留下了 这个时候正常人都把床垫烧了
so clearly there was vermin,there was vermin in your bed. 那上面显然是有害虫啊
I think I sprayed 4 it with Lysol and I was just like 我好像喷了来苏尔 然后就
because when you're 20,you're just like and then eventually the bumps went away. 20岁的时候 不在乎这种事 最后 红点消失了
n.床垫,床褥
- The straw mattress needs to be aired.草垫子该晾一晾了。
- The new mattress I bought sags in the middle.我买的新床垫中间陷了下去。
拖,拉( haul的过去式和过去分词 ); 运送; 传讯; 强迫(某人)去某处
- The wagons were hauled by horses. 那些货车是马拉的。
- He's been hauled before the court on a charge of dangerous driving. 他因被控危险驾车而被传讯上法庭。
碰撞( bump的名词复数 ); 肿块; 轻微撞车事故; 隆起物
- I had goose bumps when we watched the fireworks. 我们看烟火的时候,我起鸡皮疙瘩。
- E was kind of zig-zagging across the pavement, and I bumps into 'im accidental-like. 他有点歪歪斜斜地在人行道上走,我一不小心撞到了他的怀里。 来自英汉文学
标签:
脱口秀