英语口语流行话题 第41期:SOHO一族21-1
时间:2019-02-15 作者:英语课 分类:英语脱口秀之流行时尚
英语课
SOHO一族
A: I quit my job today.
A: 我今天辞职了。
B: What? Are you crazy?
B: 什么?你没发神经吧?
A: I'm serious.
A: 我说的是真的。
B: Why?
B: 为什么?
A: I hate the boring and monotonous 1 working style. It really drives me crazy.
A: 我讨厌每天单调乏味的工作方式,它简直要把我逼疯了。
B: That's called work, isn't it?
B: 这就是工作,不是吗?
A: Not true. I'm going to be a freelancer 2 from tomorrow. I want to control my working time by myself.
A: 未必吧。我从明天起准备做自由职业者了。我要自己掌控每天的工作时间。
B: It's easy to say that. Well, what's your income resource?
B: 你说的倒挺容易。你靠什么来赚钱啊?
A: I can do some freelance writing, talking about my past life and jobs. What's more, I can provide job consulting services online. After all, I have been working for a long time in the human resources department.
A: 我可以做个自由撰稿人,写写我过去的工作与生活中的一些心得体会。另外,我还可以做在线职业咨询,毕竟我也是做人力资源出身的啊。
B: Sounds practical. Good luck!
B: 听起来倒是可行,那就祝你好运吧。
adj.单调的,一成不变的,使人厌倦的
- She thought life in the small town was monotonous.她觉得小镇上的生活单调而乏味。
- His articles are fixed in form and monotonous in content.他的文章千篇一律,一个调调儿。
n.自由职业者
- He has great interest in working as a freelancer.他对做个自由职业人很感兴趣。
- It's not always easy to make it as a freelancer.做个自由职业人,要能时常感觉满足,可不容易。
标签:
口语