TED演讲:无创治疗心脏疾病的新方法(1)
时间:2019-02-14 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇
英语课
The most complex problems in our time can be solved with simple techniques, if we are able to dream. 现如今,只要有梦想,就可以用最简单的手段解决最复杂的问题。
As a child, I discovered that creativity is the key to cross from dreams to reality. 在孩童时期,我发现让梦想照进现实的关键在于创造力。
I learned this from my grandmother, Dr. Ruth Tichauer, a Jewish refugee that settled in the heart of the Andes. 我是从我的外祖母,Ruth Tichauer博士那里学到的,她是居住在安第斯山脉深处的一位犹太难民。
That is how I grew up: encouraged to see beyond any limitation. 在我成长的一路上,外祖母总是鼓励我超越自己的极限。
So part of my education included helping 1 her in remote, indigenous 2 communities. 我的一部分教育来自于在遥远的当地部落帮她做事的经历。
I cherish those memories, because they helped me to understand life outside the city, 我非常珍惜这些经历,因为它们帮我了解了城市以外的生活,
a life with a lot of possibilities, without barriers, as language or culture. 那种生活有无限可能,没有语言或文化的障碍。
During those trips, my grandmother used to recite a Kipling poem: "Something hidden. Go and find it. 在那些旅途当中,外祖母曾经背过吉普林的一首诗:“出发吧,去寻觅隐藏的宝藏。
Go and look behind the Mountains. Something lost behind the mountains. Lost and waiting for you. Go!" 去山川背后寻找。那些宝藏遗失在山川背后,正在等待你的发掘。出发吧!”
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
adj.土产的,土生土长的,本地的
- Each country has its own indigenous cultural tradition.每个国家都有自己本土的文化传统。
- Indians were the indigenous inhabitants of America.印第安人是美洲的土著居民。
标签:
TED演讲