TED演讲:为掌握而不是为了分数而教学(6)
时间:2019-02-14 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇
英语课
But what if that estimate is just based on your own experience in a non-mastery framework, 但假如那些判断仅仅是基于你们“非掌握体系”的个人经验,
your own experience with yourself or observing your peers, 是基于你们的自身经历或仅是对周围人的观察而已呢?
where you're being pushed at this set pace through classes, accumulating all these gaps? 或是基于被迫跟从课堂进度,不断积累漏洞情况的呢?
Even when you got that 95 percent, what was that five percent you missed? 即使你掌握了95%的知识,那剩下的5%呢?
And it keeps accumulating -- you get to an advanced class, all of a sudden you hit a wall and say, 漏洞持续积累,直到进入高等课堂,突然碰壁,然后你们说:
"I'm not meant to be a cancer researcher; not meant to be a physicist 1; not meant to be a mathematician 2." “我生来就不是个癌症研究人员,我不是做物理学家的料,我当不了数学家。”
I suspect that that actually is the case, but if you were allowed to be operating in a mastery framework, 我认为这就是现实情况。但当我们能够从掌握知识的视角去审视,
if you were allowed to really take agency over your learning, 如果我们能够从培养学习动力的角度来看,
and when you get something wrong, embrace it -- view that failure as a moment of learning 当我们做错题目的时候,我们把这种失败当作学习的一部分坦然接受,
that number, the percent that could really master calculus 3 or understand organic chemistry, is actually a lot closer to 100 percent. 那真正掌握微积分或者有机化学的人数比例就会接近100%了。
And this isn't even just a "nice to have." I think it's a social imperative 4. 而其意义并不仅仅在于锦上添花。我认为这是社会进化的必然过程。
We're exiting what you could call the industrial age and we're going into this information revolution. 用你们的话来说,我们正处于一个工业时代,而我们正在进入信息革命的时代。
And it's clear that some things are happening. In the industrial age, society was a pyramid. 很明确的是,一些变化正在发生。在工业时代,社会是一个金字塔。
And At the base of the pyramid, you needed human labor 5. 在金字塔底端,我们需要的是人力。
In the middle of the pyramid, you had an information processing, a bureaucracy class, 在金字塔中间,我们需要处理信息,所以有官僚特权阶层,
and at the top of the pyramid, you had your owners of capital and your entrepreneurs and your creative class. 等到了顶端,就会是那些资本家,企业家,还有创新人群。
But we know what's happening already, as we go into this information revolution. 但当我们进入信息革命的那一刻,我们就知道将要发生什么事了。
The bottom of that pyramid, automation, is going to take over. 在金字塔底端,自动化将取代人力。
Even that middle tier, information processing, that's what computers are good at. 甚至中间层信息处理的这一段计算机做的都比他们好。
n.物理学家,研究物理学的人
- He is a physicist of the first rank.他是一流的物理学家。
- The successful physicist never puts on airs.这位卓有成就的物理学家从不摆架子。
n.数学家
- The man with his back to the camera is a mathematician.背对着照相机的人是位数学家。
- The mathematician analyzed his figures again.这位数学家再次分析研究了他的这些数字。
n.微积分;结石
- This is a problem where calculus won't help at all.对于这一题,微积分一点也用不上。
- After studying differential calculus you will be able to solve these mathematical problems.学了微积分之后,你们就能够解这些数学题了。
n.命令,需要;规则;祈使语气;adj.强制的;紧急的
- He always speaks in an imperative tone of voice.他老是用命令的口吻讲话。
- The events of the past few days make it imperative for her to act.过去这几天发生的事迫使她不得不立即行动。
标签:
TED演讲