TED演讲:行动派,从改变你的玩具做起吧!(2)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
So, needless 1 to say, it was crazy. 所以,不用说,这真的很疯狂
Eventually, Hasbro themselves invited me to their headquarters 最后 ”孩之宝“邀请我去了公司总部
so they could go and unveil 向我展示了他们的
their new Easy-Bake Oven product to me 最新简易烤箱产品
in black, silver and blue. 三种颜色:白色,银色和蓝色
It was literally 2 one of the best moments of my life. 这绝对是我一生中最棒的时刻之一
It was like "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." 简直就像”查理和巧克力工厂“
That thing was amazing. 一样奇妙美好
What I didn't realize at the time, however, 但是在那一时刻我并没有注意到
was that I had become an activist, 我成为了一个活跃分子
I could change something, 我可以改变一些事情
that even as a kid, or maybe even especially as a kid, 即使我是个小孩子,或者说,连我这样的小孩子
my voice mattered, and your voice matters too. 的呼声都会被关注,那么你们的一定也可以
I want to let you know it's not going to be easy, 我还想让大家知道这件事情并不简单
and it wasn't easy for me, 之前对我来说也不简单
because I faced a lot of obstacles. 因为我也经历了重重困难
People online, and sometimes even in real life, 网民甚至真实生活中的人
were disrespectful to me and my family, 因此对我和我的家庭表示不尊重
and talked about how the whole thing was a waste of time, 埋怨这整件事情都是浪费时间
and it really discouraged me. 我也曾一度非常沮丧
And actually, I have some examples, because what's better revenge 事实上,我可以举出几个给大家看
than displaying their idiocy 3? 因为还有什么比在这里展示他们的愚蠢更棒的回击呢?
So, let's see. 来,我们看看
From user name Liquidsore29 -- 用户名Liquidsore29 (口疮29)-
interesting user names we have here 这个用户名真有趣-
"Disgusting liberal moms making their sons gay." 他说:”恶心的自由主义妈妈把儿子弄地这么娘娘腔“
Liquidsore29, really? Really? Okay. Liquidsore29真的吗?好吧
How about from Whiteboy77AGS: 那我们来看看Whiteboy77AGS说的
"People always need something to (female dog) about." ”总有人关心一些屁事”。
From Jeffrey Gutierrez: 这位 Jeffrey Gutierrez说
OMG, shut up. You just want money and attention. ”看在上帝份上闭嘴吧,你只是想要钱和关注度“
So it was comments like these 诸如此类的评论
that really discouraged me from wanting to make change in the future 让我在改变未来而努力的路上非常泄气
because I thought, people don't care, 因为我觉得,大家根本不在乎
people think it's a waste of time, 大家觉得这是浪费时间
and people are going to be disrespectful to me and my family. 人们将会不尊重我的家人
It hurt me, and it made me think, 我很受伤,于是我开始思考
what's the point of making change in the future? 试图改变未来的目的是什么?
But then I started to realize something. 但是我马上意识到
Haters gonna hate. 因为那些仇恨者永远无法改变
Come on, say it with me. One, two, three: 大家跟我说一遍,一,二,三:
Haters gonna hate. 那些仇恨者永远无法改变
So let your haters hate, 所以让恨你的人恨去吧
you know what, and make your change, 知道么,做出你的改变
because I know you can. 因为我知道你可以
I look out into this crowd, 我看向这个人群
and I see 400 people 我看见400个人
who came out because they wanted to know how they could make a change, 是因为想知道如何改变这个世界而来的
and I know that you can, and all of you watching at home can too 我知道你们都可以做到,包括在家收看的各位也可以
because you have so much that you can do and that you believe in, 因为你有足够的能力和信念
and you can trade it across all these social media, 并且你可以利用所有的社交网络
through Facebook, through Twitter, through YouTube, through Reddit, through Tumblr, 通过 Facebook Twitter YouTube Reddit和Tumblr这些平台
through whatever else you can think of. 以及任何你可以想到的方法和途径
And you can make that change. 你一定可以成功
You can take what you believe in 你可以坚持自己的信念
and turn it into a cause and change it. 把变成一项事业做出你想要的改变
And that spark that you've been hearing about all day today, 今天所有你在讲座中听到灵光一现的火花
you can use that spark that you have within you 你可以将你拥有的那个火花
and turn it into a fire. 变成熊熊火焰
Thank you. 谢谢大家
adj.不必,无须,不必要的,无用的
- Needless to say,I agree.无须说,我是同意的。
- It is needless to add that you are in want of a second.你需要一个助手,那是不必说的。
adv.照字面意义,逐字地;确实
- He translated the passage literally.他逐字逐句地翻译这段文字。
- Sometimes she would not sit down till she was literally faint.有时候,她不走到真正要昏厥了,决不肯坐下来。
标签:
TED演讲