TED演讲:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(4)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
I was asked last year to give a speech 去年我曾被邀请在
at the Oslo Freedom Forum 1. 奥斯陆自由论坛上做演讲
I was surrounded by this love 我觉得我周围
and the support of people around me, 都是来自人们的爱与支持
and they looked at me as an inspiration. 他们觉得我可以激励他们
At the same time, I flew back to my home country, 不久,我飞回祖国
they hated that speech so much. 发现他们痛恨那次演讲
The way they called it: a betrayal to the Saudi country 他们称之为,对沙特国家
and the Saudi people, 及人民的背叛
and they even started a hashtag called OsloTraitor on Twitter. 甚至有人在推特上建了个“审判奥斯陆演讲”的话题
Some 10,000 tweets were written in that hashtag, 在那个话题下有约一万条消息
while the opposite hashtag, OsloHero, 反观“奥斯陆英雄”这个话题
there was like a handful of tweets written. 也有约120条消息
They even started a poll. 人们甚至开始投票表决
More than 13,000 voters answered this poll: 有约1万3千人参加了投票
whether they considered me a traitor 2 or not after that speech. 选我是个罪犯,还是个英雄
Ninety percent said yes, she's a traitor. 百分之九十的人表示,她是个罪犯
So it's these two totally different perceptions 这对我来说是两种
of my personality. 完全不同的观点
For me, I'm a proud Saudi woman, 我身为沙特女性而骄傲
and I do love my country, 我也热爱我的国家
and because I love my country, I'm doing this. 正因为我热爱我的国家,我从事这些
Because I believe a society will not be free 因为我觉得如果这个社会中的女性不自由
if the women of that society are not free. 这个社会也不会自由
Thank you. 谢谢
n.论坛,讨论会
- They're holding a forum on new ways of teaching history.他们正在举行历史教学讨论会。
- The organisation would provide a forum where problems could be discussed.这个组织将提供一个可以讨论问题的平台。
标签:
TED演讲