欧美名人演讲 第8期:奥巴马2015白宫晚宴(8)
时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲娱乐篇
英语课
The science is clear, the science is clear.
科学是明确的,科学是明确的。
Nine out of the 10 hottest years ever came in the last decade.
在过去十年里产生了九个最热的年份。
Now I'm not a scientist, but I do know how to count to ten.
虽然我不是科学家,但是我知道怎么数到10。
Rising seas, more violent storms…
海平面上升,更猛烈的暴风...
You got mosquitoes, sweaty people on the trains stinking 1 it up.
你们会有蚊子,汗流浃背的人们在火车里蒸腾。
It's just nasty!
太恶心了!
I mean, look at what's happening right now.
我是说,看看现在都发生了些什么。
Every serious scientist says we need to act.
所有严苛的科学家们都说我们要付出行动。
The Pentagon says it's a national security risk.
五角大楼说这事关国家安全风险。
Miami floods on a sunny day and instead of doing anything about it, we've got elected officials throwing snowballs in the Senate.
迈阿密在大晴天里发洪水,我们没采取任何措施,而是在选举在参议院扔雪球的官员。
Okay, I think they got it, bro.
好的,我想他们懂了。
It is crazy!
简直疯了!
What about our kids?
我们的孩子咋办?
What kind of stupid, short-sighted irresponsible bull...
多么愚蠢的、目光短浅的、不负责任的...
Whoa, whoa whoa, whoa!
喔,喔喔,喔!
What?
肿么了?
Hey!
嘿!
What!
作甚么!
All due respect, sir, you don't need anger translator.
恕我直言,先生。你不需要一个愤怒翻译。
You need counseling.
你需要的是心理咨询。
And I'm out of here, man.
我得撤了。
I ain't trying to get into all this.
我不想卷入其中。
Go.
跪安吧。
He is crazy.
他疯了。
Luther, my anger translator, ladies and gentlemen.
女士们先生们,这就是我的愤怒翻译,卢瑟。
Now that I got that off my chest—you know, investigative journalism 2, explanatory journalism, journalism that exposes corruption 3 and justice gives voice to the different and the marginalized, the voiceless.
终于一吐为快了-新闻调查,解释性新闻,公开腐败和不公的新闻,为特殊人群和边缘化人群发声。
that's power.
这才是力量。
It's a privilege.
这是种荣幸。
It's as important to America's trajectory 4, to our values, our ideals, than anything that we could do in elected office.
它像美国的轨迹,我们的价值观,我们的理想一样重要,我们在选举办公室里能做的任何事情都无法与之相提并论。
We remember journalists we lost over the past year.
我们铭记过去一年里我们失去的记者同胞。
Journalists like Steven Sotloff and James Foley, murdered for nothing more than trying to shine a light into some of the world's darkest corners.
记者Steven Sotloff和詹姆斯·弗利被杀害了,他们只不过想让一束光照耀到一些世界最黑暗的角落。
1 stinking
adj.臭的,烂醉的,讨厌的v.散发出恶臭( stink的现在分词 );发臭味;名声臭;糟透
- I was pushed into a filthy, stinking room. 我被推进一间又脏又臭的屋子里。
- Those lousy, stinking ships. It was them that destroyed us. 是的!就是那些该死的蠢猪似的臭飞船!是它们毁了我们。 来自英汉非文学 - 科幻
2 journalism
n.新闻工作,报业
- He's a teacher but he does some journalism on the side.他是教师,可还兼职做一些新闻工作。
- He had an aptitude for journalism.他有从事新闻工作的才能。
3 corruption
n.腐败,堕落,贪污
- The people asked the government to hit out against corruption and theft.人民要求政府严惩贪污盗窃。
- The old man reviled against corruption.那老人痛斥了贪污舞弊。
4 trajectory
n.弹道,轨道
- It is not difficult to sketch the subsequent trajectory.很容易描绘出它们最终的轨迹。
- The path followed by a projectile is called its trajectory.抛物体所循的路径称为它的轨道。
标签:
名人演讲