TED演讲:怎样才能教会电脑理解我们的情感(6)
时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
So I wanted to explore how something like human intuition could be directly translated to artificial intelligence. 所以,我想探究如何将像人类直觉的东西直接地翻译给人工智能。
And I created a piece that explores computer-based intuition in a physical space. 于是我创造了一台通过现实空间探究电脑直觉的机器。
The piece is called Wayfinding, and it's set up as a symbolic 1 compass that has four kinetic 2 sculptures. 它叫Wayfinding,它有4个动态装置,像一个指南针。
Each one represents a direction, north, east, south and west. 每一个装置代表着一个方向,北、东、南、西。
And there are sensors 4 set up on the top of each sculpture that capture how far away you are from them. 装在每个装置顶端的传感器,能够捕获你离它们的距离有多远。
And the data that gets collected ends up changing the way that sculptures move and the direction of the compass. 接着数据会被采集,最终装置就会移动,从而改变指南针的方向。
The thing is, the piece doesn't work like the automatic door sensor 3 that just opens when you walk in front of it. 不过不像自动门的传感器那样--你走到它前面的时候,门就会打开。
See, your contribution is only a part of its collection of lived experiences. 你的行为只是它搜集的体验的一部分。
And all of those experiences affect the way that it moves. 所有的体验都会影响它的移动。
So when you walk in front of it, it starts to use all of the data that it's captured throughout its exhibition history 所以当你在它前面走动时,它开始用所有之前捕获的数据,
or its intuition -- to mechanically respond to you based on what it's learned from others. 或它的直觉--基于它从其他人那里学习到的,对你做出机械的响应。
And what ends up happening is that as participants we start to learn the level of detail 最终,作为参与者,我们意识到我们需要怎样的细节
that we need in order to manage expectations from both humans and machines. 才能同时管理人类和机器的预期。
We can almost see our intuition being played out on the computer, picturing all of that data being processed in our mind's eye. 我们几乎可以看到我们的直觉在电脑中被展示出来,想象所有的数据被我们的心灵之眼所处理。
My hope is that this type of art will help us think differently about intuition and how to apply that to AI in the future. 我希望这种艺术方式,能帮助我们从不同角度思考直觉,以及将来如何将它运用到人工智能中去。
1 symbolic
adj.象征性的,符号的,象征主义的
- It is symbolic of the fighting spirit of modern womanhood.它象征着现代妇女的战斗精神。
- The Christian ceremony of baptism is a symbolic act.基督教的洗礼仪式是一种象征性的做法。
2 kinetic
adj.运动的;动力学的
- There exist many sources of energy both potential and kinetic.存在着许多势能和动能的能源。
- The kinetic theory of gases is the best known example.气体动力学理论就是最有名的例子。
标签:
TED演讲