实战口语情景对话 第167期:鬼魂 Ghosts
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
One of my favorite things to do when I was a little girl was to stay with my granddad, so I'd go to stay with him on the holidays, and he would often tell me stories, or sing songs for me, so I learned 1 a lot from him, but one of my favorite things, like I said was to listen to his stories and around Halloween sometimes, or if we asked him at other times when it was getting dark or a bit scary 2 we'd ask him to tell us a ghost story, so one of, yeah, one of the first ghost stories I remember was him telling us about a time when he was quite young, I think he was in his early twenties maybe, and he was already married but he went back to his parents house one night to just, to meet his family and friends, have a game of cards maybe with friends who were gathered there, so it got pretty late because they had been playing cards for a long time having some fun so he didn't want to leave and then eventually, he and his friends decided 3, OK, we'd better leave and better go back home, so the two of them were walking together towards their house but in between his parents house and his new home they had to pass a graveyard 4, so these two guys, young men, I suppose, they weren't very happy with the idea of going past a graveyard very late at night, because you know, they're lots of stories about ghosts and spirits hanging around at that time of night, so they were approaching the graveyard and they were a bit scared and they were wondering whether they should turn back or keep going. Be strong and brave about it. So they were approaching the graveyard and suddenly my granddad saw what he thought was a priest 6 sitting on the wall. So he say a man dressed in black, with a white collar 7, and he was so frightened, I mean, I can't imagine what he must have said at the time, but he and his friend were really, really scared, and they were talking between themselves, "Oh, my God! What should we do? What should we do?" but they were so frightened they couldn't move. So eventually, my granddad decided, OK, I'm just going to run for it. I'm going to make a run for it. So all of a sudden 5, he decided and he just ran straight past the graveyard, and then suddenly, this big dog came jumping down from the wall of the graveyard, and my granddad was so scared, he was like screaming, and everything, but as it turned out it was just a sheep dog that he'd seen so in the dark of night, in those days of no road lights and street lights or anything what he'd actually seen with his friend was a black sheep dog with a white collar, so not a ghost after all. 我还是小女孩的时候,有一件最喜欢做的事情,那就是和我爷爷待在一起,所以一到假期我就去陪爷爷,他经常会给我讲故事,或者给我唱歌,因此我从他那里学到了很多,而就像我说的,我最喜欢做的一件事情就是在万圣节的时候听他讲故事,如果在天黑的时候或者有一些害怕的时候让他讲故事,我们会让他给讲鬼故事,对,其中我记得爷爷讲的第一个鬼故事,是在他非常年轻的时候,我认为大概是他二十岁出头的时候,他马上就要结婚了,有一天晚上他回到他父母家去见亲人和朋友,他们和聚在那里的朋友一起玩了纸牌游戏,他们玩了很长时间,玩得很高兴,所以时间有些晚,他不想离开了,但是最终他和他的朋友们决定,他们最好赶紧回家,所以他们两个人一起往家的方向走去,但是就在位于他父母家和他新家中间的地方,他们要经过一个墓地,我猜,这两个年轻人对深夜路过墓地都有不好的想法,因为你知道,那时候有许多关于晚上出来游荡的鬼魂的故事,所以他们在接近墓地的时候觉得有点害怕,他们在想他们是应该往回走还是应该继续向前走。他们坚强又勇敢。所以他们继续靠近墓地,突然我爷爷认为他看见了一个牧师坐在墙上。他说他看见一个男人,穿着黑色的衣服,衣服领子是白色的,他当时害怕极了,我的意思是,我都不能想象他当时说了什么,不过他和他的朋友真的真的非常害怕,他们之间的谈话是,“哦,我的天哪!我们要怎么办?我们要怎么办?”他们太害怕了,动都不能动。最终,我爷爷决定,好吧,我要逃走。我要逃走。很突然地,他做出了决定然后直着跑过了墓地,之后突然这个人从墓地的墙上跳了下来,我爷爷非常的害怕,他能做的事情只有尖叫,但是最终他发现他在黑夜中看到的只是一只牧羊犬,在那些没有路灯的日子里,他和他朋友实际看到的只是一条戴着白色项圈的黑色牧羊犬,所以根本就不是鬼。
重点讲解:
1. run for it/make a run for it
快跑,逃命
eg. 'If she wanted to run for it I would not be able to stop her,' he says.
“她要是想跑,我可拦不住她。”他说。
eg. Now was the time to make a run for it, for better for worse!
逃吧!不管是吉是凶,逃!
2. turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我确信事情最终会好起来的。
eg. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
3. after all
毕竟;到底;终究
eg. You should be charitable with him; he is a child after all.
你应该对他宽容些,毕竟他还是个孩子。
eg. The play came to an end after all.
这场戏总算结束了。
- He went into a rage when he learned about it.他听到这事后勃然大怒。
- In this little village,he passed for a learned man.在这个小村子里,他被视为有学问的人。
- What animal do you think is the most scary?你认为什么动物最可怕?
- Are you afraid of scary movies?你害怕恐怖电影吗?
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
- All the town was drifting toward the graveyard.全镇的人都象流水似地向那坟场涌过去。
- Living next to a graveyard would give me the creeps.居住在墓地旁边会使我毛骨悚然。
- All of a sudden he turned about and saw me.他突然转过身来看见了我。
- The horse was badly frightened by the sudden noise.那匹马被突然而来的嘈杂声吓坏了。
- He confessed to a priest that he had sinned.他向神父忏悔他犯了罪。
- The priest visited all the old people in the parish.牧师探望了教区里的所有老人。