时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话


英语课

   Todd: Simon, when you were younger, did you take vacations with your family?


  托德:西蒙,你小的时候和家人一起度过假吗?
  Simon: Yes, I did.
  西蒙:嗯,有过。
  Todd: OK, where did you go?
  托德:好,那你去哪里了?
  Simon: Well, I went to many places, but I have one memorable 1 experience. I went to Baja, California.
  西蒙:我去过很多地方,不过我有次难忘的旅行。我去了北下加利福尼亚州。
  Todd: Baja, California. Nice. Can you explain where Baja, California is?
  托德:北下加利福尼亚州,不错。你能解释一下北下加利福尼亚州在哪儿吗?
  Simon: Actually, it's not in California. It's south of California. It's in Mexico, and it's on the west side of Mexico, below California, of course, and it's a desert surrounded by beautiful ocean.
  西蒙:实际上那里不在加州,而是在加州以南。位于墨西哥境内,在墨西哥西边,当然是在加州以南了,那里是片被美丽海洋环绕的沙漠。
  Todd: Oh, sounds good. Sounds nice. What's the landscape like?
  托德:哦,听上去不错。听上去很好。那里的景色怎么样?
  Simon: Dry, dusty, and beautiful.
  西蒙:干燥、多尘,但很漂亮。
  Todd: So it's a desert?
  托德:所以那里是沙漠吗?
  Simon: Yeah, it's a desert with lots of cacti 2.
  西蒙:对,是沙漠,那里有很多仙人掌。
  Todd: Oh, OK. What are cacti?
  托德:哦,好。什么是仙人掌?
  Simon: Well, maybe you know what a cactus 3 is. It's a, you know, the desert plant from Cowboy movies, and it has needles which stick and hurt and it's green, but yeah. That's about it and beautiful blue waters.
  西蒙:嗯,也许你知仙人掌。就是一种在牛仔电影里常出现的沙漠植物,上面有刺,可能会刺伤你,当然那是种绿色植物。就是这样,那里还有美丽的蓝色海水。
  Todd: You mean water from the ocean.
  托德:你是指海水吗?
  Simon: Water from the ocean. There's no water on the land. You know, there's no lakes, probably no rivers, just dust, yeah!
  西蒙:是海水。那里的陆地上没有水。你知道,没有湖,可能连河都没有,只有尘土!
  Todd: How did you get there?
  托德:那你是怎么去那里的?
  Simon: I drove.
  西蒙:我开车去的?
  Todd: You drove?
  托德:开车去的?
  Simon: Yeah! We drove. I didn't drive. I was too young but my parents drove. Baja is very long. It's about 2,000 miles, or 2,000 kilometers and we drove.
  西蒙:对!我们开车去的。不是我开的车,我当时太小,是我父母开的车。北下加利福尼亚州是非常狭长的地带,那里有约2000英里,或者说2000千米,我们是开车过去的。
  Todd: What do you remember most about your trip?
  托德:你那次旅行中记忆最深的是什么?
  Simon: Well, I remember the color of the water, the white sandy beaches, and the desert at dusk 4. It's a pretty cool place, you know.
  西蒙:嗯,我记得海水的颜色,白色的沙滩,还有黄昏的沙漠。你知道,那里真的是个很棒的地方。
  Todd: How long did you stay for your vacation?
  托德:那你们的假期在那里待了多长时间?
  Simon: 6 weeks.
  西蒙:6周。
  Todd: 6 weeks. That's a long time.
  托德:6周。那是很长的一段时间了。
  Simon: Yeah, well, my parents were a little bit different from other parents.
  西蒙:对,我父母和其他的父母有一点儿不同。
  Todd: Sounds like a really good time. So do you plan to back to Baja sometime?
  托德:听起来你们度过了非常愉快的时光。那你打算某个时候再回到北下加州吗?
  Simon: I hope so. Yeah. But I won't prick 5 myself on a cactus.
  西蒙:我希望可以再去。不过肯定不会再让仙人掌扎到了。
  Todd: OK. Well, take me. I want to go, too.
  托德:好的,带我一起去吧。我也想去。
  Simon: OK.
  西蒙:好的。

adj.值得回忆的,难忘的,特别的,显著的
  • This was indeed the most memorable day of my life.这的确是我一生中最值得怀念的日子。
  • The veteran soldier has fought many memorable battles.这个老兵参加过许多难忘的战斗。
n.(复)仙人掌
  • There we could see nothing but cacti.那里除了仙人掌我们什么也看不到。
  • Cacti can survive the lack of rainfall in the desert.仙人掌在降水稀少的沙漠中也能生存下去。
n.仙人掌
  • It was the first year that the cactus had produced flowers.这是这棵仙人掌第一年开花。
  • The giant cactus is the vegetable skycraper.高大的仙人掌是植物界巨人。
n.薄暮,黄昏,幽暗
  • The park closes at dusk.公园在黄昏时关闭。
  • At dusk bats appear in vast numbers.蝙蝠于傍晚时分大批出现。
v.刺伤,刺痛,刺孔;n.刺伤,刺痛
  • He felt a sharp prick when he stepped on an upturned nail.当他踩在一个尖朝上的钉子上时,他感到剧烈的疼痛。
  • He burst the balloon with a prick of the pin.他用针一戳,气球就爆了。
标签: 口语