时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话


英语课

   Todd: So, Simon, are you still planning to take trip to Southeast Asia?


  托德:西蒙,你还在计划去东南亚旅行吗?
  Simon: Yeah, I really like Southeast Asia so I would like to go there again.
  西蒙:对,我真的非常喜欢东南亚,所以我很想再去一次。
  Todd: Oh, cool. When you go, are you taking a tour, packaged tour or are you just going to go on your own like a backpacker?
  托德:哦,真酷。你是打算跟旅行团去还是做背包客独自旅行呢?
  Simon: Well, I haven't decided 1 yet. Ah, both have their advantages and their disadvantages. (Mm, yeah!) Um, well, let's say with backpacking, it's cheap, and you can meet a lot of interesting people and you can sometimes stumble 2 upon, really, really cool things or interesting places by chance.
  西蒙:嗯,我还没有决定。两种方式都有利有弊。(是啊!)嗯,就比如背包旅行吧,这种旅游非常便宜,你会遇到很多有意思的人,有时也会意外发现非常棒的事情,或是偶然发现有意思的地方。
  Todd: Hm, it's true, but if you do a packaged tour, they usually have the expertise 3 about the area. You'll have a guide who can speak the language.
  托德:没错,不过如果你背包旅行,通常会有了解那些地区的专家。你可以找个会说当地语言的导游。
  Simon: Well, if I go for a short-time, which is probably the case I think packaged tours have, are also good because you're there for a short time. Everything is provided 4 for you and you can just enjoy fun in the sun, or culture. Basically 5, your mind can relax. When you're a backpacker you always have to think about everything, you know. "Can I find a place to stay?", "Is this place safe?" you know, "Are my belongings 6 safe?" uh, things like that. Packaged tour you just sit back and relax.
  西蒙:如果是短期旅行,我认为跟团比较好,因为你只去旅行很短的时间。跟团旅游的话,他们会为你提供所有东西,你只要在阳光下享受乐趣就好了,可以尽情感受那里的文化。基本来说,你可以放松精神。而背包旅行的话,你要一直考虑所有事情。比如“我可以找到住的地方吗?”“这个地方安全吗?”或是“我的财物安全吧?”你会一直考虑这些事情。跟团旅游就什么都不用管,放松就好了。
  Todd: Yeah, I think it's always best to take a packaged tour if you travel with somebody, but it's always best to do backpacking if you're going to travel alone.
  托德:对,我认为如果你和某个人一起旅游,那跟旅行团比较好,如果你自己旅行那背包旅行比较好。
  Simon: Absolutely, I agree. If you're alone, in, as a backpacker, you can meet people. You're forced to meet people.
  西蒙:我完全同意。如果你独自旅游的话,背包旅行可以让你遇到很多人。你一定会遇到很多人。
  Todd: Yeah, that's true.
  托德:对,没错。
  Simon: Ah, if you took a packaged tour alone you'd probably be one lonely person, sitting on the beach, drinking your glass of lemonade or whatever drank and sitting there reading a book.
  西蒙:如果你独自旅游却跟团的话,那你就会非常孤独,独自坐在海滩上喝柠檬汽水或其他饮料,或者独自看书。
  Todd: So, on your trip to Southest Asia, are you going along with somebody?
  托德:那你去东南亚旅游是打算和谁一起去吗?
  Simon: Well, we'll see won't we.
  西蒙:嗯,我们拭目以待吧。

adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
  • This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
  • There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
n.绊倒,失策;vi.绊倒,失策,踌躇,无意中发现;vt.绊倒,困惑
  • Be grateful to those who have made you stumble,for they have strengthened your ability.感激绊倒你的人,因为他强化了你的能力。
  • You never knew when you might stumble across some new talent.谁也说不准什么时候会碰上一位新的天才。
n.专门知识(或技能等),专长
  • We were amazed at his expertise on the ski slopes.他斜坡滑雪的技能使我们赞叹不已。
  • You really have the technical expertise in a new breakthrough.让你真正在专业技术上有一个全新的突破。
conj.假如,若是;adj.预备好的,由...供给的
  • Provided it's fine we will have a pleasant holiday.如果天气良好,我们的假日将过得非常愉快。
  • I will come provided that it's not raining tomorrow.如果明天不下雨,我就来。
adv.基本上,从根本上说
  • His heart is basically sound.他的心脏基本上健康。
  • Basically I agree with your plan.我基本上同意你的计划。
n.私人物品,私人财物
  • I put a few personal belongings in a bag.我把几件私人物品装进包中。
  • Your personal belongings are not dutiable.个人物品不用纳税。
标签: 口语
学英语单词