时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话


英语课

   Adrienne: So, Mary, are you from Minnesota?


  埃德里安娜:玛丽,你是来自明尼苏达州吗?
  Mary: I am. I lived here all my life.
  玛丽:是的,我一生都生活在这里。
  Adrienne: Wow. It's a great place but it's really cold this time of year.
  埃德里安娜:哇!这里真是个很棒的地方,不过每年的这个时候都特别冷。
  Mary: It is, but if you've lived here a long time you get used to it. A lot of people from the South get really chilly 1 when the temperature gets around 50 and right now that's, that's actually sounding pretty good because a Minnesotan will probably just be wearing a lightweight jacket when it is about 50 degrees, but we're OK with that. You know it gets to be kind of fun when you have a big snow fall and you go outside with all your neighbors, pushing cars out of the snow drift 2 and kind of enjoying it that way so we have a lot of fun with it being cold and snowy and you have to make some fun on the inside of your house too, you know. A lot of people have fireplaces 4, so there's a way to enjoy being inside for long stretches of time and opposed to just kind of, I guess, being locked in and not being able to enjoy house or that kind of thing.
  玛丽:的确是,但是如果在这里生活了很长时间,你就会习惯的。许多从南部来的人在温度低于50华氏度以后,就会觉得特别冷,而现在的温度其实非常好,因为明尼苏达州人在50华氏度的时候会穿着超轻量风衣,我们觉得这个温度还好。你知道,在下大雪的时候会有很多乐趣,你可以去外面,和邻居们一起把陷在雪堆里的车辆推出来,其实那样也很享受,所以其实寒冷和下雪也会给我们带来乐趣,而且你在室内也可以享受到乐趣,你知道,有许多人家里都有壁炉,所以这就是可以长时间享受室内生活的方式,而不是过那种被关起来无法享受室内乐趣的生活。
  Adrienne: What do you do to warm up in the winter?
  埃德里安娜:你冬天都怎么取暖?
  Mary: Well, there's always sweaters. You know we like our sweaters here, that keeps us warm. Actually, you can get pretty warm outside. A lot of people enjoy cross-country skiing which I do from time-to-time and the more you exercise outside, you can actually get pretty warm doing it even though the temperature is cold, but as far as being indoors 5, that's when, I think that's when people start really kind of researching their hobbies, things they like to do, that's activity that will keep you busy while you are inside the house for such long stretches and things.
  玛丽:冬天都是穿毛衣来保暖。我们喜欢这些毛衣,它们让我们很暖和。实际上,在室外也可以很温暖。有许多人喜欢越野滑雪,我就偶尔会去越野滑雪,在室外你运动得越多,就会感到越暖和,即使温度很低也能感到温暖,至于室内,我觉得那是人们可以开始培养兴趣爱好的时间,他们可以做他们喜欢做的事情,而这些活动会让你长时间待在室内时保持忙碌的状态。
  Adrienne: Yeah, that's true. I like to drink hot chocolate when I get cold. Do you like hot chocolate?
  埃德里安娜:没错。我感到冷的时候喜欢喝热巧克力。你喜欢热巧克力吗?
  Mary: Yeah, that will always help, and tea, really enjoying my tea as well, but there's nothing like, you know, hot chocolate and maybe roasting something in the fireplace 3 and making smores.
  玛丽:喜欢,那很有帮助,还有茶,我也喜欢喝茶,不过你知道,没有什么比热巧克力,然后再加上壁炉上烤点棉花糖点心之类的东西更能让人感到温暖的了。
  Adrienne: That sounds great.
  埃德里安娜:听起来真棒。
  Mary: Yeah, that would be kind of fun.
  玛丽:没错,那也是一种乐趣。
  Adrienne: Very cozy 6.
  埃德里安娜:非常惬意。

adj.凉快的,寒冷的
  • I feel chilly without a coat.我由于没有穿大衣而感到凉飕飕的。
  • I grew chilly when the fire went out.炉火熄灭后,寒气逼人。
vi.漂流(泊);n.漂流,漂流物;大意;趋势
  • The leaves drift in the storm.树叶在暴风雨中飘动。
  • The drift of the icebergs in the sea endangers the ships.海上冰山的漂流危及船只的安全。
n.壁炉,炉灶
  • The fireplace smokes badly.这壁炉冒烟太多。
  • I think we should wall up the fireplace.我想应该封住壁炉。
壁炉( fireplace的名词复数 )
  • The shop was an old converted house with many large, disused fireplaces and tall, narrow chimneys. 那是一座老式的、经过改造的房子,店里有许多废置不用的大壁炉和又高又窄的烟囱。 来自新概念英语第三册
  • When the central- heating was installed, the fireplaces were walled up. 安装暖气设备之后,便把壁炉封闭起来了。
adv.(在)室内,(在)户内
  • Because of the coldness of the weather we stayed indoors.我们因天气寒冷呆在家里。
  • It is very cold outside,you'd better come indoors across the board.外面很冷,你们所有人最好都进屋。
adj.亲如手足的,密切的,暖和舒服的
  • I like blankets because they are cozy.我喜欢毛毯,因为他们是舒适的。
  • We spent a cozy evening chatting by the fire.我们在炉火旁聊天度过了一个舒适的晚上。
标签: 口语