实战口语情景对话 第343期:The Table 桌子
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Adrienne: Wow, Mary, that's a great dining room table. Where did you get it?
埃德里安娜:哇,玛丽,那张餐桌太棒了。你从哪里买的?
Mary: Oh, thanks. That is something, a project that Dave and I worked on over a couple of weekends. We really enjoy doing woodworking and he actually has a very elaborate 1 woodshop at his house and it's something I really enjoy working on too, so we thought of a project, which was the table and kind of designed what it would look like and bought some lumber 2 and used his tools to figure out exactly how to put it all together and the process was a lot of fun, um, making the plan and actually using four or five different kinds of tools to assemble 3 it and get it all put together. I have to say that I wasn't quite sure what it was going to end up looking like cause in the rough form it wasn't impressing me too much but once everything was sanded and stained 4 and done it really impressed me so it's a lot of fun to do.
玛丽:哦,谢谢。那其实是戴夫和我花了几个周末的时间做出来的。我们非常喜欢做木工活,实际上他在家里有个非常精致的木工车间,当然这也是我很喜欢做的事情,所以我们想一起做个东西,而我们做出来的就是那张桌子,之前我们有稍微设计了一下,我们买了一些木材,然后用他的工具把这些木材组合在一起,制作过程非常有意思,先是制订出计划,然后用四到五种不同的工具把这些木材整合在一起。我得说,我不太确定最后做出来的桌子什么样,因为原始形状我并没有什么感觉,可是一旦所有东西经过处理再上色之后,那真是令我印象深刻,所以做木工活有很多乐趣。
Adrienne: So you made the table from scratch?
埃德里安娜:所以,你是从零开始做的这张桌子?
Mary: Yep, Yep we did. Just bought some lumber, certain sizes of lumber and ended up cutting it to the different kind of things we needed so it was like making a pattern and then using all these raw materials to put together to create the final product.
玛丽:没错。我们买了些木材,特定大小的木材,然后把它们切成我们需要的各种形状,就像设计图案一样,然后把这些原始材料组合在一起制作出了最终的成品。
Adrienne: Wow, that's really impressive 5 cause it's a nice table.
埃德里安娜:哇,那太令人印象深刻了,那是一张非常不错的桌子。
Mary: I really like it. It was a lot of fun to do.
玛丽:我非常喜欢它。而且制作的过程也很有意思。
Adrienne: Um, any other projects you've done that you have in the house?
埃德里安娜:那你家里还有你亲自动手做的东西吗?
Mary: Um, well, not quite like the table, but just some general finishing things, for instance 6 if something is broken, like I'm not sure if you noticed, but my front door has no doorknob at the moment so I do have a doorknob and I will be fixing that at some point, so
玛丽:嗯,还有就不是像做桌子这类了,只是一些修理工作,比如要是有东西坏了,我不确定你是否注意到了,不过我们家前门现在没有把手,所以我要做个把手,然后我在某个时候会把它修好,所以……
Adrienne: That falls, I'm sorry, does that fall into the category of woodworking?
埃德里安娜:抱歉,那个也算是木工类吗?
Mary: It can cause it's gonna involve some tools.
玛丽:可以算,因为也要用工具完成。
Adrienne: I see. Very cool. Thanks.
埃德里安娜:我明白了。真酷。谢谢
adj.详尽的;复杂的;vi./vt.详述;详细制订
- You understand the situation;I needn't elaborate any further.你对情况是了解的,我不必再进一步详谈了。
- He made an elaborate hairstyle.他做了一个复杂的发型。
n.木材,木料;v.以破旧东西堆满;伐木;笨重移动
- The truck was sent to carry lumber.卡车被派出去运木材。
- They slapped together a cabin out of old lumber.他们利用旧木料草草地盖起了一间小屋。
vt.集合,召集;装配;收集;vi.集合,聚集
- Assemble your papers and put them in the file.把你的文件归拢放在这个文件夹内。
- The students assemble for class at 8 o'clock in the morning.学生早上八时聚集在一起上课。
adj.污染的,玷污的
- My dress was stained. 我的连衣裙弄上了污渍。
- The doors are then stained and varnished. 这些门还要染色涂清漆。
adj.给人深刻印象的,感人的
- This cinema is so impressive that we can't help crying.这影片如此感人以至我们禁不住流下泪来。
- The suit made him look especially impressive.他穿上这套衣服真精神。
标签:
口语