实战口语情景对话 第399期:Travel Tips 旅行小贴士
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: So, Greg, you are quite the world traveler 1 I hear.
托德:格雷格,我听说你是位环球旅行家。
Greg: Um, yeah, I love traveling. I've been to probably around, I don't know, 20 different countries. I've lived in Thailand and South Korea 2 and United 3 Arab 4 Emirates, and four different parts of Japan
格雷格:嗯,对,我喜欢旅游。我不太确定,我大概去过20个国家。我在泰国、韩国、阿联酋还有日本的四个地区生活过。
Todd: Oh, that's a lot.
托德:哦,那真是好多地方啊。
Greg: And of course several different places in the U.S.
格雷格:当然我还去过美国的许多地方。
Todd: Well, for somebody who's going to travel for for the first time, what type of advice would you give them, so you know, in case they never get lost.
托德:嗯,对那些第一次去旅行的人来说,你会给他们什么建议来防止他们迷路呢?
Greg: Ah, getting lost. (Right) Yeah, that happens all the time. You have to prepare for that. Some of the, one of the first things I do whenever I get to an airport is I see if I can get a map from the information center. I go to a hotel. I ask if they have a map of the area. When I want to go somewhere, I ask then to write the destination 5 in the local language, and also I practice my pronunciation with them, and sometimes I'll, almost always actually, I get a business card or a match book from the hotel to where I'll be returning (right, right) and then I go off on my merry way.
格雷格:啊,迷路。(对啊)嗯,这一直都在发生。你必须要做好准备。我到达机场后首先要做的一件事就是看看能否从服务台拿份地图。我会去酒店然后问他们有没有那个地区的地图。我要去一个地方的时候,我会请他们用当地的语言把目的地写下来,我还会请他们帮我练习那个地名的发音,有时我还会从酒店拿到名片或是电话簿,当然之后我会还回去(好,好的),之后我就可以开始我的快乐旅程了。
Todd: OK, well, let's say that um, you're on business in a foreign country, and it's really busy and you forget to get the business card, you don't have the map, you're trying to find someplace and you're completely 6 lost, what should you do? 托德:好,假设你去外国出差,行程特别忙,而你忘了拿名片了,你也没有地图,你想找到某个地方,可是你完全迷失了方向,那你要怎么办?
Greg: Well, of course, you've got to ask people. (Right, right) and it's a good idea to ask a lot of different people because in some countries people don't want to say no, but they don't want to say I don't know, right. They give you some directions, or maybe they don't understand you, and they give you the wrong directions, so even if you think you got good directions the first time constantly 7 check with other people along your way.
格雷格:这种情况肯定要向别人问路。(对,是的)向很多人问路是个好主意,因为有些国家的人们并不想说不,他们也不想说不知道。他们会给你指一些方向,但是也许他们会不明白你的话,可能会给你指错误的方向,所以即使你认为你找到了正确的方向,也要向沿途的其他人确认方向。
Todd: Well, so when you're going down the street, and say you are lost, is there a certain type of person you look for like let's say an old lady or children. Is there a certain person who is better at giving directions?
托德:好,那假如你在街上的时候迷路了,那你会不会找特定的人问路,比如老人或是孩子?有没有会指明正确方向的特定的人?
Greg: Um, well, if it's a child, and you want to get to a business section 8 or something, probably they don't know. (Right) It's a good idea to ask somebody who looks as if they live in the area, and not just another, sorry, tourist passing through or something.
格雷格:嗯,如果你要去商务区这种地方,那孩子可能不知道。(对)所以向那些看起来生活在那个地区的人问路比较好,而不是去问跟你一样是游客或者只是路过那里的人。
Todd: Right, right, right. So you're talking about people who work in shops and things like that?
托德:对,没错,说得对。那你指的是那些在商店里工作的人吗?
Greg: Yes, and also though, delivery 9 men are usually very good, cause they have to go all over the city, so they know it well.
格雷格:对,而且向快递人员问路也是不错的选择,因为他们要在城市各地送快递,所以他们会很清楚。
Todd: Right. So have you actually ever been lost?
托德:好。那你迷过路吗?
Greg: Oh, I've been lost all the time. Once I got lost for a couple hours in Bangkok and it was terrible.
格雷格:哦,我总是会迷路。有一次我在曼谷迷路了好几个小时,那真是非常糟糕。
Todd: Well, that's a pretty, that's a pretty intense 10 city.
托德:那是一个非常非常密集的城市。
Greg: Yeah, so after that, it gave me the idea that I should always check for landmarks 11, you know landmarks are really tall buildings, or a river, something I could always know, I could see easily, and try to remember, "oh the river's on my right side. Ah, there's a hill over there." Keep looking for it. Remember it
格雷格:对,所以在那之后,我知道要随时注意地标,你知道地标通常是指那些高楼、河流或是我知道、或者很容易看到的地方,然后要努力记住这些地标,就像“哦,这条河流在我的右边。啊,那边有座山。”一直看着这些地标,记住它们的位置。
Todd: Well, it sounds like good advice. Thanks Greg.
托德:这听起来真是不错的建议。谢谢你,格雷格。
Greg: You're welcome.
格雷格:不客气。
n.旅行者
- He is a great traveler and has moved about all over the world.他是个伟大的旅行家,足迹踏遍了全世界。
- I'm a time traveler.我是个时间旅行者。
n.朝鲜(亚洲)
- Korea lies to the east of China.韩国位于中国东面。
- Korea and China are separated by only the Yalu River.朝鲜和中国只隔一条鸭绿江。
adj.和谐的;团结的;联合的,统一的
- The whole nation is closely united.全国人民紧密团结。
- The two men were united by community of interests.共同的利益使两个人结合在一起。
n.阿拉伯人,阿拉伯马;adj.阿拉伯人的,阿拉伯的
- It's a story about an Arab in the desert.这是一个生活在沙漠地区的阿拉伯人的故事。
- An Arab is travelling in the desert on his camel.一个阿拉伯人正骑着骆驼在沙漠中旅行。
n.目的地,目标,目的
- I eventually arrived at my destination.我终于到达了目的地。
- They were flown to the destination.他们被空运到目的地。
adv.完全地,十分地,全然
- She never completely gave up hope.她从不完全放弃希望。
- I feel completely in the dark on this question.这件事使我感到茫然。
adv.不变地,不断地,时常地
- The two countries have been warring constantly for years.这两国多年来一直交战。
- We should constantly urge ourselves on to study hard.我们要经常鞭策自己努力学习。
n.部分,章节,地段;断面,剖面;部门,科;阶层,界;vt.把…分成段
- There is one section of very long road to leave. 有一段很长的路要走。
- How many people work in your section?你部门有多少人?
n.交付;投递;分娩;解救者;演讲的风格
- The strike caused a great delay in the delivery of the mail.这次罢工严重地延误了邮件的投递。
- He was employed at the local grocery store as a delivery boy.他受雇于当地杂货店当送货员。
adj.认真的,专注的;强烈的;紧张的;热情的
- Susan was an intense young lady.苏珊是一个热情的年轻姑娘。
- The quarrel caused her intense unhappiness.争吵令她极其不快。
标签:
口语