职场英文口语 第221期:如何坚持立场(2)
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Another way of saying reinstate is he's got to 'reverse 1 his decision'. 复职的另一种说法是reverse his decision(改变决定)。
It means Paul has got to make an awkward 2 call to Denise. 这意味着保罗得给丹尼斯打电话了,有点尴尬了。
Look Paul, you're going to have to call her and tell her you've made an error… a huge one actually. 保罗,你要给她打电话,告诉她你犯了个大错误。
It wasn't that huge?Actually… Anna, you're her good friend, would you like to call her? 没那么严重吧?安娜,你是她的好朋友,你给她打吧?
Me? ! B-b-but I can't.What a coward 3!I think it's time to stand your ground Anna. 我?但我不行。这个胆小鬼!安娜,你得坚持自己立场。
Tell him "You're the boss, I think it's better coming from you", and remind him "it was your decision so you need to explain the situation", and remind him "this is your responsibility". 告诉他“你是老板,由你来打会更好”。提醒他“这是你的决定,所以你得自己解释清楚”,“这是你的责任”。
You could suggest he says "I'm sorry, I made a mistake and we would love to have you back."OK. 你可以建议他说“对不起,我错了,我们希望你回来。”好的。
Do you know what Paul, I think the news is better coming from you… just to make it official. 保罗,你知道吗,我觉得你打电话会更好,显得很正式。
Yeah Paul, you are the boss after all. 是啊,保罗,毕竟你是老板。
And it was your decision in the first place so you need to explain that the situation has changed. 而且当初决定解雇她的是你,所以你得自己去解释情况。
v.推翻,颠倒,反向;n.反面,逆境;adj.反向的
- His answer was just the reverse of what I expected.他的回答正好与我期望的相反。
- Please reverse the positions of two pictures.请把两张图片的位置倒转过来。
adj.笨拙的,尴尬的,使用不便的,难处理的
- John is so shy and awkward that everyone notices him.约翰如此害羞狼狈,以至于大家都注意到了他。
- I was the only man among the guests and felt rather awkward.作为客人中的唯一男性,我有些窘迫。
标签:
职场英文