职场英文口语 第229期:优先做某事(1)
时间:2019-02-12 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Welcome back to English at Work.At the offices of Tip Top Trading, things are a bit… tricky 1. 欢迎回到职场英语。Tip Top Trading办公室的事情有点棘手。
Denise has been reinstated at the company but now wants to do more than just ordering pens. 丹尼斯虽已重回到公司,却不想仅做买笔之类的事。
Tom has other ideas and Anna is just caught in the middle.Who can she turn to? 汤姆心中另有所想,弄得安娜在中间左右为难。她能向谁求助呢?
Paul maybe… or maybe not?So Denise, let's get this straight. 保罗?或许是他,或许不是。丹尼斯,咱们有话直说吧。
You don't want to order the pens anymore, right? 你再也不想订购钢笔了,是吗?
Well, I did say if I came back, I wanted to have a go at doing sales.Err 2, yes, you did. That's right. 是的,我说过假如回来上班,我想做销售工作。好吧,你是说过,没错。
Yeah but we got Denise back because we didn't have anyone to order our pens and stuff 3. 对,可我们让丹尼斯回来是因为没人订购钢笔和其他物品。
That's her main job.Err yes, absolutely. I see your point. 这才是她的主要工作。对,我明白你的意思。
Excuse me Paul, could I suggest we all take it in turns to order things like pens and paper… share the responsibility? 打扰一下,保罗,我觉得我们可以轮流订购纸张和钢笔,分担责任?
adj.狡猾的,奸诈的;(工作等)棘手的,微妙的
- I'm in a rather tricky position.Can you help me out?我的处境很棘手,你能帮我吗?
- He avoided this tricky question and talked in generalities.他回避了这个非常微妙的问题,只做了个笼统的表述。
vi.犯错误,出差错
- He did not err by a hair's breadth in his calculation.他的计算结果一丝不差。
- The arrows err not from their aim.箭无虚发。
标签:
职场英文