篮球英文堂 第12期:如果科比画廊着火了(2)
英语课
So you are a former Complex cover star, many many years ago
您曾经上过我们complex杂志的封面,那是好多好多年前了
and in the piece, you spoke 1 with our founder 2 about what he called these "Forest Gump" moments
在那期杂志中,您和我们的创始人交流过,他说人生中会有一些“屌丝逆袭”时刻
or what you describe as "how the hell did I get here" moments
然后你说你觉得更像是“天哪我是怎么到这里的”
and at the time you said the BeiJing Olympics dining hall when you were looking aroud
然后你说,那时候你最难以忘怀的是北京奥运会的餐厅里,你往身边一看
and seeing a bunch of other famous athletes,was that moment
全是运动界风云人物
Here we are 8 years later
现在,八年过去了
What's that "Forest Gump" or that "How the hell did I get here" moment for you today
你有没有新的这种“哇塞我是怎么做到的”时候呢
Well today is a kinda sitting here wondering how I can be so at peace with not playing the game
嗯今天的话,可能就是我现在能坐在这里搞不懂我是怎么能平静的接受不打球这件事。
and if you asked me that question back then, there's no way.
你要是几年前跟我说让我不打球,我绝对回你没门!知道吗
Now I always have that itch 3 to go play, right. But I don't.
我每分每秒都手痒的不行,不上场浑身难受。但现在这种感觉已经没有了
You gotta gonna wonder how did I get to this point and it is a great place to be.
你也肯定会困惑我是怎么达到这种心态的,但这种状态我也挺喜欢
Cuz as retired 4 athletes
因为你也知道,对我们退役运动员来说
the last thing you want is still have that burning desire to go out there and play. You know what I mean
最不想发生的事就是心里突然蹦出一股战斗之火,突然又想去打球了。你明白吗
That's a problem a lot of players these days have
是,这是当今很多运动员面临的一个问题
They don't know maybe when to hang it up, or they still holding on to that just a little bit.
他们可能不知道什么时候该金盆洗手或者他们总是与这项运动藕断丝连
Well I mean think about it, If you've been playing the game for majority of your life
不过我是说,你想想,你想想如果人生大部分时间打球
The game has essentially 5 become your life, right? So walking away from it, it's kind of like a death
那篮球就成了你的人生了,对吧?所以不打球对我如同死亡
Ritht? So, you know, it's process to accept that,
对吧?我还需要一个过程去慢慢接受,
and to be comfortable with that
慢慢适应这种生活
and to be able to let it go and move on
终能够放手拂袖而去,开启新篇章
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.创始者,缔造者
- He was extolled as the founder of their Florentine school.他被称颂为佛罗伦萨画派的鼻祖。
- According to the old tradition,Romulus was the founder of Rome.按照古老的传说,罗穆卢斯是古罗马的建国者。
adj.隐退的,退休的,退役的
- The old man retired to the country for rest.这位老人下乡休息去了。
- Many retired people take up gardening as a hobby.许多退休的人都以从事园艺为嗜好。
adv.本质上,实质上,基本上
- Really great men are essentially modest.真正的伟人大都很谦虚。
- She is an essentially selfish person.她本质上是个自私自利的人。
标签:
篮球英文堂