口腔临床英语对话 第14期:根尖切除术(2)
时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:口腔临床英语对话
英语课
Good. I'm not busy now, but I have to meet a friend in an hour and a half.
好,我现在不忙,但是我过了一个半小时要见一个朋友。
Will there be any side effects?
会有什么副作用吗?
There'll be a little bit of bleeding, but I'll put in some sutures (stitch) to control it.
会流一点血,但是,我会把它缝合就可以控制得住。
I'm sure that the bleeding won't be a problem.
流点血并不是什么问题。
There will probably be some soreness for a day or two.
头一两天也许会有些痛。
Aspirin 1 will take care of that. Your lip could also become swollen 2 for two or three days.
吃点阿斯必林就可以。
根尖切除术.png
None of the possible side effects should interfere 3 with your normal activities
嘴唇也回肿上三两天。不会有什么副作用以至影响你的正常活动。
Is there anything that I should avoid?
有什么要避免的吗?
It would be a good idea to avoid vigorous exercise for a few days.
最好是在几天内都不做剧烈运动。
Miss Jones, please give me some topical anesthetic 4 and a syringe.
琼司小姐, 请给我拿来局部麻药和注射器。
I'll apply a topical medication that will numb 5 the surface of the gum.
我先把局部麻药涂上,可以使牙龈外层麻木,
It will lessen 6 the discomfort 7 of the injection.
打针时就不会那莫不舒服了。
I'll inject the anesthetic slowly so that it won't be too uncomfortable.
打针时我会慢慢打,这样才不会太过不舒服。
There, I hope that didn't bother you too much
怎样,我想不会太痛吧。
That's fine, Doctor.
还好。
Hand me a scalpel, Miss Jones. Thank you.
琼斯小姐,请拿来一把解刨刀。谢谢。
Miss Jones will use the aspirator to remove the saliva 8 from your mouth.
琼斯小姐会给你用吸引器把你口腔中的唾液吸掉。
Is it that noisy instrument she's holding?
是不是他手里拿的那个嘈杂的器械?
Yes, it's just like a small vacuum cleaner.
是的, 很像一个小型真空吸尘器。
Miss Jones, give me a periosteal elevator.
琼斯小姐, 给我拿来一把骨膜起子。
Now take the mallet 9 and tap lightly on this instrument. A little harder.
现在把木捶拿来,轻轻地在起子上敲敲。敲大力一些。
That's it. Give me a curette. Fine. I'll suture now. Was that uncomfortable?
对了。给我一把刮匙。好。我现在就给你缝上。会不舒服吗?
No, not at all, I feel fine. When should I come back, Doctor?
不,一点也不,我觉得很好。医生,下次什么时候回来?
Come at the same time the day after tomorrow.
后天同一个时间回来吧,
I'll remove the sutures then. It will only take a few minutes.
那时我给你拆线。只要几分钟就行了。
How much do I owe you, Doctor?
医生,该付多少钱?
Miss Jones will take care of it.
琼斯小姐管收钱。
Rinse 10 the sutured area with warm water after each meal.
每次吃了饭之后用温水漱洗缝合的地方。
Don't begin rinsing 11 until tomorrow.
明天开始才可以漱洗。
If you rinse too soon, it could prolong the bleeding.
假如你太早漱洗的话,就会使出血的时间长些。
1 aspirin
n.阿司匹林
- The aspirin seems to quiet the headache.阿司匹林似乎使头痛减轻了。
- She went into a chemist's and bought some aspirin.她进了一家药店,买了些阿司匹林。
2 swollen
adj.肿大的,水涨的;v.使变大,肿胀
- Her legs had got swollen from standing up all day.因为整天站着,她的双腿已经肿了。
- A mosquito had bitten her and her arm had swollen up.蚊子叮了她,她的手臂肿起来了。
3 interfere
v.(in)干涉,干预;(with)妨碍,打扰
- If we interfere, it may do more harm than good.如果我们干预的话,可能弊多利少。
- When others interfere in the affair,it always makes troubles. 别人一卷入这一事件,棘手的事情就来了。
4 anesthetic
n.麻醉剂,麻药;adj.麻醉的,失去知觉的
- He was given a general anesthetic.他被全身麻醉。
- He was still under the influence of the anesthetic.他仍处在麻醉状态。
5 numb
adj.麻木的,失去感觉的;v.使麻木
- His fingers were numb with cold.他的手冻得发麻。
- Numb with cold,we urged the weary horses forward.我们冻得发僵,催着疲惫的马继续往前走。
6 lessen
vt.减少,减轻;缩小
- Regular exercise can help to lessen the pain.经常运动有助于减轻痛感。
- They've made great effort to lessen the noise of planes.他们尽力减小飞机的噪音。
7 discomfort
n.不舒服,不安,难过,困难,不方便
- One has to bear a little discomfort while travelling.旅行中总要忍受一点不便。
- She turned red with discomfort when the teacher spoke.老师讲话时她不好意思地红着脸。
8 saliva
n.唾液,口水
- He wiped a dribble of saliva from his chin.他擦掉了下巴上的几滴口水。
- Saliva dribbled from the baby's mouth.唾液从婴儿的嘴里流了出来。
9 mallet
n.槌棒
- He hit the peg mightily on the top with a mallet.他用木槌猛敲木栓顶。
- The chairman rapped on the table twice with his mallet.主席用他的小木槌在桌上重敲了两下。