公众人物毕业演讲第415期:拜登2013宾夕法尼亚大学(13)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
And they're wrong about yours Graduates.
关于你们这一代 同样会如此 毕业生们
There's the statement of history it's never ever been a good bet 1 to bet against America.
这是历史的叙述 把赌注都压在美国失败上 永远都不是很好的策略
And it's a very bad bet to bet against your generation You're the most competent 2, capable 3, caring generation.
把赌注压在你们这一代人失败上 则更是糟糕透顶 你们是美国有史以来最胜任 最能干 最具关怀的一代
This country has ever produced and I'm confident you'll write a new and better chapter of American history.
你们是美国有史以来最胜任 最能干 最具关怀的一代 我很有信心 你们将书写美国历史更新更好的篇章
So have faith Have faith.
你们要有信心 要有信心
Do what you feel in your heart The possibilities are unlimited 4.
做你们心中觉得正确的事 一切皆有可能
I spent ten days with President Xi, the new president of China at the request of then-President Hu and President Obama.
我和中国的新主席 习主席一同度过了十天 这是应前任胡主席和奥巴马总统的邀请
To establish a personal relationship Tip O'Neill made famous the expression.
以建立个人关系 蒂普.奥尼尔有一句着名的话
"all politics is local" Far be it from me to improve upon my friend Tip O'Neill.
"所有政治都是地方政治" 倒不是我想改进我朋友蒂普.奥尼尔的话
But I think all politics is personal, including international politics Ladies and gentlemen.
不过我认为 所有政治都是个人的 包括国际政治 女士们 先生们
I looked and listened to the questions he had to ask, and the interest he had And the President asked me, what did I think after ten days.
我仔细听闻了他所希望求解的问题和他所拥有的兴趣 习主席问我 十天后我怎么想
v.打赌,以(与)...打赌;n.赌注,赌金;打赌
- I bet you can't do this puzzle.我敢说,你解决不了这个难题。
- I offered to bet with him.我提出与他打赌。
adj.能干的,胜任的,有权能的,足够的
- He is not competent to the task of teaching English.他不能胜任英语教学工作。
- He did a competent job.他的工作做得相当出色。
adj.有能力的,有才能的
- The new woman secretary was extremely clever and capable.这位新来的女秘书很是精明强干。
- Jim is capable at sports.吉姆擅长运动。