《柯南脱口秀》第156期:不会有机会发言
英语课
I'm curious,did you have a speech written?You were nominated. 我很好奇 你提前做发言稿吗 显然你被提名了
You lost to J.K.Simmons,did you have a speech ready to go? 你输给了JK.西蒙斯 你准备了发言稿了吗
who by the way is a great,great actor those of us in the trade have been watching for many many years. 顺便提一下 他是非常非常出色的演员 我们这一行很多人都看了很多年
He's always been great.This is just people catching 1 up to how great he's been. 他一直都很棒 这只是大家意识到他一直以来到底有多棒
So he deserved every kind of accolade 2 for that performance. 他的表现 配得上那些荣誉
I salute 3 him.I think,you know,they drill it in. 我向他致敬 我觉得 他们会反复练习
you go to the nominee 4 luncheons,and they say will you have 45 seconds and we're not kidding. 你去参加提名午宴 他们说你有45秒时间 我们不是开玩笑
The music will start and Mic will drop.So,practice,don't wing it. 音乐开始响 麦克风会下降 好好练习 别即兴发挥
So,you kind feel like,well I better think of something. 所以你想 我最好做好准备
I can't say I spent the same six months Lady Gaga apparently 5 spent preparing Julie Andrews. 我不能说我花了6个月时间 好像嘎嘎小姐 朱莉·安德鲁斯那样准备
Which was amazing.Absolutely amazing,which was great. 真是太棒了 真的很不错
But,you know,you kind of think well,what would I say? 但你会想 我该说什么呢
And one of my partners called me and said,Have you seen the Vegas odds 6 for your thing? 我的一位搭档打给我说 你看到维加斯的赔率了吗
And I said no.He said,you're not going to be talking. 我说没有 他说你不会有机会发言的
That's a really good friend.I wouldn't worry about it. 真是好朋友 要我我就不会担心
Yeah,I ran into Paul,also one of the great filmmakers,on one of these things,said it's terrific.I don't think it's going to be your year. 是啊 我碰到保罗 也是很棒的电影人 他们说那样真是太糟糕了 我觉得今年也不是你会获奖的时候
adj.易传染的,有魅力的,迷人的,接住
- There are those who think eczema is catching.有人就是认为湿疹会传染。
- Enthusiasm is very catching.热情非常富有感染力。
n.推崇备至,赞扬
- Four restaurants have been awarded the highest accolade of a three-star rating.四家餐馆获授予三星级餐馆的最高荣誉称号。
- The Nobel prize has become the ultimate accolade in the sciences.诺贝尔奖已成为科学界的最高荣誉。
vi.行礼,致意,问候,放礼炮;vt.向…致意,迎接,赞扬;n.招呼,敬礼,礼炮
- Merchant ships salute each other by dipping the flag.商船互相点旗致敬。
- The Japanese women salute the people with formal bows in welcome.这些日本妇女以正式的鞠躬向人们施礼以示欢迎。
n.被提名者;被任命者;被推荐者
- His nominee for vice president was elected only after a second ballot.他提名的副总统在两轮投票后才当选。
- Mr.Francisco is standing as the official nominee for the post of District Secretary.弗朗西斯科先生是行政书记职位的正式提名人。
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
- An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
- He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。
标签:
脱口秀