时间:2019-01-20 作者:英语课 分类:礼节美语


英语课

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他和美国同事Amy刚刚开完会。


(Office ambience)


A:陈豪,Do you have a few minutes to talk?


C:Sure, 有什么事吗?


A:I noticed something in our meeting just now. 做为朋友,我觉得应该告诉你。It has to do with good etiquette 1.


C: 我有什么地方做得不对吗?西方礼节对我来说还有些陌生,你可得随时提醒我。


A: It has to do with body language, specifically eye contact.


C:肢体语言?Amy, 你能说得具体点儿吗?


A:We send nonverbal messages with our arms, our legs, our posture 2, our gestures and most often with our eyes.


C:你是说能从我眼睛里能看出我的想法吗?


A:没错。比方说,今天开会时,your eyes said more than your words or your facial expression. Todd 介绍提案时,我能看出你不同意他的意见。


C:奥, 你从我眼睛就能看出来?我真的是有异议。可你看出来的?我可是一字都没说呀。


A: You didn't have to. You rolled your eyes.


C: 我翻眼睛了吗?我怎么一点儿都没觉得。


A:你是下意识的。You were not aware, but several people at the meeting noticed.


C:那就是说虽然我嘴上没表示反对,其它人还是能够看出来。Was there anything else that I did with my eyes?


A:Unfortunately, yes. You looked away several times while Todd was speaking.


C:这有什么不好吗?他说的我都听过好几遍了。


A:没错。By not looking at Todd, you gave the impression that you had heard it all before and were not the least bit interested in hearing more.


C:这我可没想到。我一直在努力管住自己的嘴巴,不要乱讲话。


A:Well, your eyes did that for you.


C: Amy, 你还从我的眼神儿里看出什么了?


A:When you lost complete interest in what Todd was saying, you just stared at him blankly. It was that old "deer in the headlights" look.


C:“车前灯里的鹿”是什么意思啊?


A:For the deer facing the headlights of an oncoming car, its expression is one of looking, but not seeing.


C:你是说我的眼睛虽然看着Todd,但是别人能看出来,我其实并没有听进去?


A:That's right. The courteous 3 professional is as conscious of his body language as he is his spoken language.


C: Amy, 你能不能再提醒我一下,以后要怎么做,省得我的眼睛把我的想法都泄漏出去了。


A:记住,眼睛是心灵的窗口。Learning to control the message that your eyes send is the key to courteous communication.

 



n.礼仪,礼节;规矩
  • The rules of etiquette are not so strict nowadays.如今的礼仪规则已不那么严格了。
  • According to etiquette,you should stand up to meet a guest.按照礼节你应该站起来接待客人。
n.姿势,姿态,心态,态度;v.作出某种姿势
  • The government adopted an uncompromising posture on the issue of independence.政府在独立这一问题上采取了毫不妥协的态度。
  • He tore off his coat and assumed a fighting posture.他脱掉上衣,摆出一副打架的架势。
adj.彬彬有礼的,客气的
  • Although she often disagreed with me,she was always courteous.尽管她常常和我意见不一,但她总是很谦恭有礼。
  • He was a kind and courteous man.他为人友善,而且彬彬有礼。
标签: etiquette