TED演讲:能让你多出10年额外寿命的游戏(1)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
I'm a gamer, so I like to have goals. I like special missions and secret objectives. 我是一个游戏玩家,因此我喜欢得分。我喜欢特殊的使命和神秘的目标。
So here's my special mission for this talk: 因此,我这次演讲的特殊使命是:
I'm going to try to increase the life span of every single person in this room by seven and a half minutes. 我将尽力为这个大厅里的每个人延长七分半钟寿命。
Literally 1, you will live seven and a half minutes longer than you would have otherwise, just because you watched this talk. 的确,你将比你原来多活七分半钟就只因为你来看了这个演讲。
Some of you are looking a little bit skeptical 2. 恩,你们有些人看起来有些怀疑。
That's okay, because check it out — I have math to prove that it is possible. 没关系,看一看吧,我做了算数去证明它是有可能的。
It won't make much sense now. I'll explain it all later, 现在,听起来不符合常理我过一会解释,
just pay attention to the number at the bottom: +7.68245837 minutes. 只要注意一下最下方的数字:加上7.68245837分钟。
That will be my gift to you if I'm successful in my mission. 如果我成功完成我的使命这七分钟将是我给你们的礼物。
Now, you have a secret mission too. 现在,你也有一个秘密的使命。
Your mission is to figure out how you want to spend your extra seven and a half minutes. 你的使命是想想怎么花掉这多余的七分半钟。
And I think you should do something unusual with them, because these are bonus minutes. 我认为你应该用这点时间做点不寻常的事,因为这是本不属于你意外的收获。
You weren't going to have them anyway. 你在其他地方可能都难以得到。
Now, because I'm a game designer, you might be thinking to yourself, 现在因为我是一个游戏设计师,你可能正在想,
I know what she wants us to do with those minutes, she wants us to spend them playing games. 我知道她想我们在这几分钟里做啥,她想让我们花时间玩游戏。
Now this is a totally reasonable assumption, 就现在而言,这是一个完全合理的假设。
given that I have made quite a habit of encouraging people to spend more time playing games. 就大家知道的而言,我习惯鼓励大家多花时间去玩游戏,
For example, in my first TED 3 Talk, 比如说,在我第一次的TED Talk时,
I did propose that we should spend 21 billion hours a week, as a planet, playing video games. 我建议每个星期全球花两百一十亿个小时去打电子游戏。
adv.照字面意义,逐字地;确实
- He translated the passage literally.他逐字逐句地翻译这段文字。
- Sometimes she would not sit down till she was literally faint.有时候,她不走到真正要昏厥了,决不肯坐下来。
adj.怀疑的,多疑的
- Others here are more skeptical about the chances for justice being done.这里的其他人更为怀疑正义能否得到伸张。
- Her look was skeptical and resigned.她的表情是将信将疑而又无可奈何。
标签:
TED演讲