TED演讲:每天一秒钟(1)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
So, I'm an artist. I live in New York, and I've been working in advertising 1 for -- ever since I left school, 我是一名艺术家。我住在纽约,从事广告设计,从毕业开始我就一直做这行,
so about seven, eight years now, and it was draining. I worked a lot of late nights. 至今已经七、八年了,慢慢的感觉有点厌倦了。我熬了很多夜,
I worked a lot of weekends, and I found myself never having time for all the projects that I wanted to work on on my own. 在办公室度过了很多的周末,我发现自己一直没有时间来做我真正想做的个人项目。
And one day I was at work and I saw a talk by Stefan Sagmeister on TED 2, 有一天我在工作的时候看到了施德明在TED上的演讲,
and it was called "The power of time off," and he spoke 3 about how every seven years, 主题叫“时间流逝的力量”,他提到他每过七年,
he takes a year off from work so he could do his own creative projects, and I was instantly inspired, and I just said, 就拿出一年时间来休假,抛开工作,做自己的富有创造力的项目,我的思路被他打开了,然后我说:
"I have to do that. I have to take a year off. “我也要这么干,我要休一年的假。
I need to take time to travel and spend time with my family and start my own creative ideas." 我需要时间旅行,陪伴家人,开始自己的富有创造力的想法。”
So the first of those projects ended up being something I called "One Second Every Day." 我的项目中,第一个项目的名字叫“每天一秒钟”。
Basically I'm recording 4 one second of every day of my life for the rest of my life, 大意就是我每天都坚持给自己录一秒钟的视频,下半辈子一直坚持下去,
chronologically 5 compiling these one-second tiny slices of my life into one single continuous video until, 慢慢的将这些一秒钟的视频拼接起来,将我的生活的片段拼接成一段连续的视频,
you know, I can't record them anymore. 直到我没有能力再录制这些视频为止。
n.广告业;广告活动 a.广告的;广告业务的
- Can you give me any advice on getting into advertising? 你能指点我如何涉足广告业吗?
- The advertising campaign is aimed primarily at young people. 这个广告宣传运动主要是针对年轻人的。
vt.翻晒,撒,撒开
- The invaders gut ted the village.侵略者把村中财物洗劫一空。
- She often teds the corn when it's sunny.天好的时候她就翻晒玉米。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.录音,记录
- How long will the recording of the song take?录下这首歌得花多少时间?
- I want to play you a recording of the rehearsal.我想给你放一下彩排的录像。
ad. 按年代的
- Manuscripts show cases arranged topically not chronologically. 从原稿看案例是按专题安排的而不是按年代次序安排的。
- Though the exhibition has been arranged chronologically, there are a few exceptions. 虽然展览的时间便已经安排好了,但是也有少数的例外。
标签:
TED演讲