TED演讲:为什么健康的生活方式几乎把我害死(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
Now the final part of the trilogy was I wanted to focus on the body and try to be the healthiest person I could be, the healthiest person alive. 最后一步是,我希望注重自己的身体,尽可能达到最健康的状态,成为世上最健康的人。
So that's what I've been doing the last couple of years. 所以过去几年内我做了刚才提到的那些事情。
And I just finished a couple of months ago. And I have to say, thank God. 我几个月前才刚刚停下来,我必须要说,谢天谢地终于结束了。
Because living so healthily was killing 1 me. 因为那种健康的生活方式快要害死我了。
It was so overwhelming, because the amount of things you have to do, it's just mind-boggling. 太让人受不了了,因为有许多你不得不做的事情,数量多的让人难以置信。
I was listening to all the experts and talking to sort of a board of medical advisers 2. 我听取了所有专家的意见,和许多医疗顾问交流。
And they were telling me all the things I had to do. 他们告诉我所有必需做的事情。
I had to eat right, exercise, meditate 3, pet dogs, because that lowers the blood pressure. 我必须正确膳食,锻炼,冥想,养宠物,因为那样可以降低血压。
I wrote the book on a treadmill 4, and it took me about a thousand miles to write the book. I had to put on sunscreen. 我在跑步机上写书,为了这本书,我跑了近1000公里,我必须涂防晒霜。
This was no small feat 5, because if you listen to dermatologists 6, they say that you should have a shot glass full of sunscreen. 这可是个大工程,因为如果你严格遵医嘱的话,皮肤专家会告诉你,你要准备满满一玻璃杯的防晒霜。
And you have to reapply it every two to four hours. 同时,必须每2-4个小时再涂一次。
So I think half of my book advance went into sunscreen. 所以我觉得我的书的前一半都是关于防晒霜的。
I was like a glazed 7 doughnut for most of the year. 我一年中大部分时间就像个光滑的甜甜圈。
There was the washing of hands. I had to do that properly. 关于洗手方面,必须洗的正确。
And my immunologist told me that I should also wipe down all of the remote controls and iPhones in my house, 免疫学家告诉我,我必须仔细擦拭家里所有的遥控器和iPhone,
because those are just orgies of germs. So that took a lot of time. 因为它们滋生大量的细菌。这件事花费了我大量时间。
n.巨额利润;突然赚大钱,发大财
- Investors are set to make a killing from the sell-off.投资者准备清仓以便大赚一笔。
- Last week my brother made a killing on Wall Street.上个周我兄弟在华尔街赚了一大笔。
顾问,劝告者( adviser的名词复数 ); (指导大学新生学科问题等的)指导教授
- a member of the President's favoured circle of advisers 总统宠爱的顾问班子中的一员
- She withdrew to confer with her advisers before announcing a decision. 她先去请教顾问然后再宣布决定。
v.想,考虑,(尤指宗教上的)沉思,冥想
- It is important to meditate on the meaning of life.思考人生的意义很重要。
- I was meditating,and reached a higher state of consciousness.我在冥想,并进入了一个更高的意识境界。
n.踏车;单调的工作
- The treadmill has a heart rate monitor.跑步机上有个脉搏监视器。
- Drugs remove man from the treadmill of routine.药物可以使人摆脱日常单调的工作带来的疲劳。
n.功绩;武艺,技艺;adj.灵巧的,漂亮的,合适的
- Man's first landing on the moon was a feat of great daring.人类首次登月是一个勇敢的壮举。
- He received a medal for his heroic feat.他因其英雄业绩而获得一枚勋章。
n.皮肤病学家( dermatologist的名词复数 )
- Today dermatologists agree that the experiments were not conducted well. 今天,皮肤病学者承认,当时的实验操作上有误。 来自互联网
- Dermatologists consistently recommend the low-cost old favorites, but of good-quality. 皮肤学家一致推荐物美价廉的老品牌。 来自互联网
标签:
TED演讲