时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇


英语课
  We were asked to design an identity 1 for Casa da Musica, the Rem Koolhaas-built music center in Porto, in Portugal. 音乐之家曾请我们设计标志,就是那个由Rem Koolhaas设计建造的音乐中心,在葡萄牙的波尔图。
  And even though I desired to do an identity that doesn't use the architecture, I failed at that.  尽管我想要把这个标志设计得与建筑物造型没关,结果却没有成功。
  And mostly also because I realized out of a Rem Koolhaas presentation to the city of Porto,  一个主要原因是因为Rem Koolhaas给波尔图市做的一场简报,
  where he talked about a conglomeration 2 of various layers of meaning.  他说到要把多层含意交织在一起。
  Which I understood after I translated it from architecture speech in to regular English, basically 3 as logo making.  我起先没有明白,直至我把他的建筑设计语言翻成一般英语去理解,基本上建筑设计就是标志设计。
  And I understood that the building itself was a logo. 我才明白,那建筑本身就是一个标志。
  So then it became quite easy.  事情由此变得十分容易。
  We put a mask on it, looked at it deep down in the ground, checked it out from all sides, west, north, south, east, top and bottom.  我们在建筑上蒙了个罩子,从远远的地面查看,从各个角度查看,西、北、南、东、从上到下。
  Colored them in a very particular way by having a friend of mine write a piece of software, the Casa da Musica Logo Generator 4. 用非常特殊的方式着色,让我的一个朋友写了个软件,叫音乐之家标志生成器。
  That's connected to a scanner. You put any image in there, like that Beethoven image. 把它连接到扫描仪。把任何图像放上,例如贝多芬像。
  And the software, in a second, will give you the Casa da Musica Beethoven logo.  软件可以立即给你音乐之家贝多芬标志。
  Which, when you actually have to design a Beethoven poster, comes in handy,  当你想设计一个有贝多芬像的海报,那软件很有用,
  because the visual information of the logo and the actual poster is exactly the same. 因为标志的视觉元素和海报是完全一样的。

n.身份,本体,特征;同一(性),一致
  • He never revealed his identity.他从未暴露过自己的身份。
  • He showed his identity card and went in.他把工作证亮了一下就进去了。
n.团块,聚集,混合物
  • a conglomeration of buildings of different sizes and styles 大小和风格各异的建筑楼群
  • To her it was a wonderful conglomeration of everything great and mighty. 在她看来,那里奇妙地聚集着所有伟大和非凡的事业。 来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
adv.基本上,从根本上说
  • His heart is basically sound.他的心脏基本上健康。
  • Basically I agree with your plan.我基本上同意你的计划。
n.发电机,发生器
  • All the while the giant generator poured out its power.巨大的发电机一刻不停地发出电力。
  • This is an alternating current generator.这是一台交流发电机。
标签: TED演讲