TED演讲:休假的力量(4)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
Then there is a coffee table. I also did a coffee table. It's called Be Here Now. It includes 330 compasses. 我还设计了这张茶几,起名叫“现在到此”。它里面装了330个指南针。
And we had custom espresso cups made that hide a magnet inside, and make those compasses go crazy, always centering on them. 我们还特制了特浓咖啡的小杯子,里面藏着磁铁,它使这些指南针拼命地动,全朝向咖啡杯为中心。
Then this is a fairly talkative, verbose 1 kind of chair. 之后又设计这个相当健谈、絮絮不休的椅子。
I also started meditating 3 for the first time in my life in Bali. 在巴厘岛,我开始平生第一次打坐。
And at the same time, I'm extremely aware how boring it is to hear about other people's happinesses. 不过,同时我又请楚的意识到,听别人讲他们的高兴事有多无聊。
So I will not really go too far into it. 所以我就不多说了。
Many of you will know this TEDster, Danny Gilbert, whose book, actually, I got it through the TED 2 book club. 你们很多人都认识这位TED的讲者,Danny Gilbert,他写了本书,我从TED读书会买了这本书。
I think it took me four years to finally read it, while on sabbatical. 一直等到四年后,我终于在休长假时读了这本书。
And I was pleased to see that he actually wrote the book while he was on sabbatical. 我很高兴知道著者也是在休长假时写的这本书。
And I'll show you a couple of people that did well by pursuing sabbaticals. 我还要介绍给你们几位得益于休长假的人。
This is Ferran Adria. Many people think he is right now the best chef in the world with his restaurant north of Barcelona, El Bulli. 这位是Ferran Adria,公认的当今世界上最好的厨师,他的餐馆位于Barcelona北部的El Bulli。
His restaurant is open seven months every year. He closes it down for five months to experiment with a full kitchen staff. 他的餐馆每年只开七个月,另外五个月关门,他用这段时间来做试验。全体厨房员工也不放假。
His latest numbers are fairly impressive. He can seat, throughout the year, he can seat 8,000 people. 他的最新数据相当可观,他的餐馆一年可以容纳8000人
And he has 2.2 million requests for reservations. 却收到220万的预订申请。
adj.用字多的;冗长的;累赘的
- His writing is difficult and often verbose.他的文章很晦涩,而且往往篇幅冗长。
- Your report is too long and verbose.你的报告太长太罗嗦了。
vt.翻晒,撒,撒开
- The invaders gut ted the village.侵略者把村中财物洗劫一空。
- She often teds the corn when it's sunny.天好的时候她就翻晒玉米。
a.沉思的,冥想的
- They were meditating revenge. 他们在谋划进行报复。
- The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics. 这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
标签:
TED演讲