TED演讲:学校扼杀创造力(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
But if you ask about their education, they pin you to the wall. 但如果你要他们谈谈他们的受教育经历,他们会把你“钉到墙上”。
Because it's one of those things that goes deep with people, am I right? 因为这些事情都涉及个人的隐私,对吗?
Like religion, and money and other things. 比如宗教信仰,薪水等。
So I have a big interest in education, and I think we all do. 我对教育特别感兴趣,我认为我们都是如此。
We have a huge vested interest in it, partly because it's education that's meant to take us into this future that we can't grasp. 我们对此有巨大的既得利益,部分因为教育旨在将我们带入我们无法掌握的未来。
If you think of it, children starting school this year will be retiring in 2065. 大家想想,今年入学的小孩,2065将退休。
Nobody has a clue, despite all the expertise 1 that's been on parade for the past four days, 没人知道会怎样,虽然过去四天会议进程里都是关于这方面的专业讨论,
what the world will look like in five years' time. 但我们还是无法预知这个世界五年后的样子。
And yet we're meant to be educating them for it. 这就是为何我们要让这些孩子接受教育。
So the unpredictability, I think, is extraordinary. 我认为正是未来的不确定性决定其非同寻常。
And the third part of this is that we've all agreed, nonetheless, 第三点就是我们都认同一个观点,
on the really extraordinary capacities that children have -- their capacities for innovation. 这些孩子的特别之处正是他们的创新能力。
I mean, Sirena last night was a marvel 2, wasn't she? Just seeing what she could do. 我觉得昨晚Sirena的表现令人惊奇,对吗?
And she's exceptional, but I think she's not, so to speak, exceptional in the whole of childhood. 她很出色,但是我认为她在孩提时代时没显得与众不同。
What you have there is a person of extraordinary dedication 3 who found a talent. 现在的教育提倡的是,一个有奉献精神的老师能发现一个天才学生。
And my contention 4 is, all kids have tremendous talents. And we squander 5 them, pretty ruthlessly. 但我认为所有孩子都是伟大的天才。而我们却无情地扼杀了他们的才能。
So I want to talk about education and I want to talk about creativity. 所以我想谈谈教育和创造力。
My contention is that creativity now is as important in education as literacy, 我认为创造力和文化知识在教育中占同样比重,
and we should treat it with the same status. Thank you. 所以这两方面我们应同等对待。谢谢。
n.专门知识(或技能等),专长
- We were amazed at his expertise on the ski slopes.他斜坡滑雪的技能使我们赞叹不已。
- You really have the technical expertise in a new breakthrough.让你真正在专业技术上有一个全新的突破。
vi.(at)惊叹vt.感到惊异;n.令人惊异的事
- The robot is a marvel of modern engineering.机器人是现代工程技术的奇迹。
- The operation was a marvel of medical skill.这次手术是医术上的一个奇迹。
n.奉献,献身,致力,题献,献辞
- We admire her courage,compassion and dedication.我们钦佩她的勇气、爱心和奉献精神。
- Her dedication to her work was admirable.她对工作的奉献精神可钦可佩。
n.争论,争辩,论战;论点,主张
- The pay increase is the key point of contention. 加薪是争论的焦点。
- The real bone of contention,as you know,is money.你知道,争论的真正焦点是钱的问题。
标签:
TED演讲