TED演讲:我为什么划船横渡太平洋(9)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
I had a meeting with the president there, who told me about his exit strategy for his country. 我在那与该国的总统会面,总统也向我透露了他为国家制定的生存战略。
He expects that within the next 50 years, the 100,000 people that live there will have to relocate to New Zealand or Australia. 他预期在未来的50年里,万千上万的该国国民将不得不去新西兰或澳大利亚定居。
And that made me think about how would I feel if Britain was going to disappear under the waves; 这不禁使我思考,如果某一天英国也消失在海浪里,我将会有如何的感受,
if the places where I'd been born and gone to school and got married, if all those places were just going to disappear forever. 如果这个生我的地方、我受教育的地方、我结婚的地方、如果这些地方将永远的消失,
How, literally 1, ungrounded that would make me feel. 会令我感到多么多么的不真实。
Very shortly, I'll be setting out to try and get to Australia, 我很快又会出发,争取达到澳大利亚,
and if I'm successful, I'll be the first woman ever to row solo all the way across the Pacific. 如果我成功了,我将会成为世界上第一个独自划船横渡太平洋的女性,
And I try to use this to bring awareness 2 to these environmental issues, to bring a human face to the ocean. 我想以此行动来引起人们对环境问题的警示,也向大洋送上一份人类的问候。
If the Atlantic was about my inner journey, discovering my own capabilities, 如果说横渡大西洋是我的内在旅程,用它来发掘自己的能力,
maybe the Pacific has been about my outer journey, 那么此次太平洋之行则更像是一次外在旅程,
figuring out how I can use my interesting career choice to be of service to the world, 它可以让我知道我怎样利用自己热爱的事业来为世界服务,
and to take some of those things that I've learned out there and apply them to the situation that humankind now finds itself in. 也帮助我把从那里学到的东西应用到我们人类现在正在面临的状况中来。
adv.照字面意义,逐字地;确实
- He translated the passage literally.他逐字逐句地翻译这段文字。
- Sometimes she would not sit down till she was literally faint.有时候,她不走到真正要昏厥了,决不肯坐下来。
标签:
TED演讲