TED演讲:你为何不会成就伟业(8)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
And what do you say? You say, you say, "That's risky 1, kid. Might fail, kid. 然后你说什么?你说,你说,“嗯...那样比较不保险,孩子。有可能会失败,孩子。
Don't make a lot of money at that, kid. I don't know, kid, you should think about that again, kid. 挣不了大钱,孩子。你知道的,我不知道,孩子,你应该再想想,孩子。
You're so good at math, why don't you..." 你数学这么好,为什么不...”
And the kid interrupts you and says, "But it is my dream. It is my dream to do this." 然后你孩子打断你,说,“但是那是我的梦想。我梦想就是成为魔术师。”
And what are you going to say? You know what you're going to say? 然后你要说什么?你知道你要说什么吗?
"Look kid. I had a dream once, too, but... But..." “你看,孩子,我过去也有过梦想。但是...但是...”
So how are you going to finish the sentence with your "but"? 所以你想怎么用“但是”结束你的句子?
"But. I had a dream too, once, kid, but I was afraid to pursue it." “但是,我过去也有过梦想,孩子,但是我没敢去追随。”
Or are you going to tell him this: "I had a dream once, kid. But then, you were born." 还是,你想告诉他这个:“我过去有梦想,孩子。但是之后你出生了。”
Do you really want to use your family, do you really ever want to look at your spouse 2 and your kid, and see your jailers? 你真的,真的想利用你的家庭,你真的想把你的伴侣和你的孩子当成狱卒吗?
There was something you could have said to your kid, when he or she said, "I have a dream." 你其实可以这么跟你孩子讲,当他/她说“我有个梦想”的时候。
You could have said -- looked the kid in the face and said, "Go for it, kid! Just like I did." 你可以说,面对你的孩子,说,“去追随它吧,孩子,就像我那样。”
But you won't be able to say that, because you didn't. So you can't. 但是你没法那么说,因为你没去追随梦想。所以你不能那么说。
adj.有风险的,冒险的
- It may be risky but we will chance it anyhow.这可能有危险,但我们无论如何要冒一冒险。
- He is well aware how risky this investment is.他心里对这项投资的风险十分清楚。
标签:
TED演讲