时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇


英语课

   So for example, right now, if I focus too much on the balls,  打个比方,现在,如果我太集中于这些球,


  then there's no way I can relax and talk to you at the same time. 那么我就无法能够放松并同时与你们说话。
  Equally, if I relax too much talking to you, there's no way I can focus on the balls. 同样地,如果我太过于放松地跟你们说话,那我将无法专注在球上。
  I'm going to drop them. Now in life, and in meditation 1, 我将会把球掉到地上。而在生活里,在冥想中,
  there'll be times when the focus becomes a little bit too intense, and life starts to feel a bit like this. 有些时候专注变得有点过于紧张,而生活开始变得有点像这样。
  It's a very uncomfortable way to live life, when you get this tight and stressed. 当你变得这样紧张,你将活的非常难受。
  At other times, we might take our foot off the gas a little bit too much,  在其他时候,我们或许会把脚放得离油门有点过远(过于放松),
  and things just become a sort of little bit like this. 而这将变得像这样。
  Of course in meditation — we're going to end up falling asleep. 而在冥想中--我们最后就会睡着。
  So we're looking for a balance, a focused relaxation 2 where we can allow thoughts to come and go without all the usual involvement. 因此我们要寻找一个平衡点,一种专注的放松在这种状态下我们能让思绪自由来去远离尘世的烦扰。
  Now, what usually happens when we're learning to be mindful is that we get distracted 3 by a thought. 现在,当我们学会专注通常会发生就是是我们被一个想法打扰。
  Let's say this is an anxious thought. Everything's going fine, and we see the anxious thought. 比如说这是一个焦虑的思绪。比如所以事情都一切顺利,然后我们发现了焦急的思绪,
  "Oh, I didn't realize I was worried about that." You go back to it, repeat it. 它就像:"哦,我居然没意识到我的烦恼"。你关注它,并且重复它。
  "Oh, I am worried. I really am worried. Wow, there's so much anxiety." “哦,我很担心。哦,我真的很担心。哇,有这么多的焦虑。”
  And before we know it, right, we're anxious about feeling anxious. 和之前我们意识到它相比,对吧,我们为焦虑的感觉而焦虑。

n.熟虑,(尤指宗教的)默想,沉思,(pl.)冥想录
  • This peaceful garden lends itself to meditation.这个恬静的花园适于冥想。
  • I'm sorry to interrupt your meditation.很抱歉,我打断了你的沉思。
n.松弛,放松;休息;消遣;娱乐
  • The minister has consistently opposed any relaxation in the law.部长一向反对法律上的任何放宽。
  • She listens to classical music for relaxation.她听古典音乐放松。
a.注意力分散的,思想不集中的
  • When working, one should concentrate and not allow oneself to be distracted. 工作时要集中精力,不要分心。
  • Noise outside distracted her mind from her studies. 门外的噪音使她心神不宁,无法集中注意力学习。
标签: TED演讲
学英语单词