TED演讲:我们的大脑是如何交流的?
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇
英语课
Imagine that you invented a device that can record my memories, my dreams, my ideas, and transmit them to your brain. 想象你发明了一种设备能记录我的记忆、我的梦想、我的想法,并且传到你的大脑。
That would be a game-changing technology, right? 那将是改变世界的新科技,对吧?
But in fact, we already possess this device, and it's called human communication system and effective storytelling. 但事实上,我们已拥有这样的设备,它被称为“人类沟通系统”和“有效率的说故事方式”。
To understand how this device works, we have to look into our brains. 为了解这系统如何运作,我们得先了解大脑,
And we have to formulate 1 the question in a slightly different manner. 并且稍稍改变提问的方向。
Now we have to ask how these neuron patterns in my brain 我们改问:我大脑中跟记忆、想法相关的神经元图像,
that are associated with my memories and ideas are transmitted into your brains. 是如何被传输到你的脑里呢?
And we think there are two factors that enable us to communicate. 我们认为人能沟通须有两大因素。
First, your brain is now physically 2 coupled to the sound wave that I'm transmitting to your brain. 首先,你的大脑必须在物理上和我正在对你讲话的声波耦合。
And second, we developed a common neural 3 protocol 4 that enabled us to communicate. So how do we know that? 其次,我们有共通的神经通讯协议使我们能够沟通。我们何以得知的呢?
In my lab in Princeton, we bring people to the fMRI scanner and we scan their brains 在普林斯顿的研究室里,我们对受测者进行功能性核磁共振仪扫描,
while they are either telling or listening to real-life stories. 就在他们讲述或聆听真实故事时扫描他们的大脑。
And to give you a sense of the stimulus 5 we are using, 为让各位了解我们使用的刺激物,
let me play 20 seconds from a story that we used, told by a very talented storyteller, Jim O'Grady. 我从一段故事中截取了20秒来播放,由非常有才华的说故事人吉姆·奥格雷迪来向我们讲故事。
v.用公式表示;规划;设计;系统地阐述
- He took care to formulate his reply very clearly.他字斟句酌,清楚地做了回答。
- I was impressed by the way he could formulate his ideas.他陈述观点的方式让我印象深刻。
adj.物质上,体格上,身体上,按自然规律
- He was out of sorts physically,as well as disordered mentally.他浑身不舒服,心绪也很乱。
- Every time I think about it I feel physically sick.一想起那件事我就感到极恶心。
adj.神经的,神经系统的
- The neural network can preferably solve the non- linear problem.利用神经网络建模可以较好地解决非线性问题。
- The information transmission in neural system depends on neurotransmitters.信息传递的神经途径有赖于神经递质。
n.议定书,草约,会谈记录,外交礼节
- We must observe the correct protocol.我们必须遵守应有的礼仪。
- The statesmen signed a protocol.那些政治家签了议定书。
标签:
TED演讲