TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(7)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇
英语课
I had a consulting contract I shared with a colleague who's as different from me as two people can possibly be. 我跟一名同事共同,负责一项咨询业务,我跟他是截然不同的两个人。
First, his name is Tom. Mine isn't. 首先,他叫汤姆。我不叫汤姆。
Secondly 1, he's six foot five. I have a tendency not to be. 其次,他身高1米96。我这辈子是不指望了。
And thirdly, he's as extroverted 2 a person as you could find. I am seriously introverted. 第三点,他是个及其外向的人。而我十分内向。
I overload 3 so much, I can't even have a cup of coffee after three in the afternoon and expect to sleep in the evening. 我心思很重,我要是下午三点之后喝了杯咖啡,那晚上就别想睡了。
We had seconded to this project a fellow called Michael. 我们还有一个助手,叫麦克。
And Michael almost brought the project to a crashing halt. 麦克几乎把整个项目给搞砸了。
So the person who seconded him asked Tom and me, 麦克的继任者问我和汤姆,
"What do you make of Michael?" “你们怎么评价麦克?”
Well, I'll tell you what Tom said in a minute. He spoke 4 in classic "extrovert-ese." 我稍后再告诉你汤姆是怎么说的。他的回答是非常典型的外向型。
And here is how extroverted ears heard what I said, which is actually pretty accurate. 而我的回答嘛,其实在外向者听来应该是非常精确的。
I said, "Well Michael does have a tendency at times of behaving in a way that some of us might see 我说,“其实,麦克有时候的一些做法,在我们某些人看来
as perhaps more assertive 5 than is normally called for." 也许过于自信了,可能有时候有点过分。”
Tom rolled his eyes and he said, 汤姆翻了个白眼说,
"Brian, that's what I said: he's an asshole!" “布莱恩,这不就是我刚刚说的:他就是个混蛋!”
adv.第二,其次
- Secondly,use your own head and present your point of view.第二,动脑筋提出自己的见解。
- Secondly it is necessary to define the applied load.其次,需要确定所作用的载荷。
a.性格外向的
- Do you think you are introverted or extroverted? 你认为你性格内向还是外向?
- Are you introverted or extroverted? 你个性内向还是外向? 来自轻松英语会话---联想2000词(上)
vt.使超载;n.超载
- Don't overload the boat or it will sink.别超载,否则船会沉。
- Large meals overload the digestive system.吃得太饱会加重消化系统的负担。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
标签:
TED演讲