时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇


英语课

 It relates to your kid -- you've been back three times to the hospital, 也许这事业跟孩子有关--你已经去医院三趟了,


and they still don't know what's wrong. Or it could be your mom. 医生们还是查不出你孩子的病因。或者生病的是你母亲。
And you'd been acting 1 out of character. These are free traits. 你会做一些跟你的性格不相符的事情。这些是可变的性格特点。
You're very agreeable, but you act disagreeably  你本和善可亲却表现得咄咄逼人,
in order to break down those barriers of administrative 2 torpor 3 in the hospital, 只为了对抗如今医院里无处不在的懒散风气,
to get something for your mom or your child.  让自己的母亲或者孩子得到及时治疗。
What are these free traits?  这些可变的性格特点到底是什么?
They're where were enact 4 a script in order to advance a core project in our lives. 那是我们演的一出戏,为了达成我们生命中最重要的目标。
And they are what matters.  而这才是最重要的。
Don't ask people what type you are; ask them, "What are your core projects in your life?" 不要问别人是什么性格的人,而要问他们,“你们生命中最重要的事是什么?”
And we enact those free traits.  然后我们身上的可变,性格特点就会被激发。
I'm an introvert 5, but I have a core project, which is to profess 6. I'm a professor. 我是一个内向的人,但我最重要的事业是教书。我是一名教授。
And I adore my students, and I adore my field. 我热爱我的学生,也热爱我的事业领域。
And I can't wait to tell them about what's new, what's exciting, what I can't wait to tell them about. 我总是迫不及待地想与他们分享那些新奇有趣的事情。
And so I act in an extroverted 7 way,  因此我会表现得像一个外向的人,
because at eight in the morning, the students need a little bit of humor, 因为早上8点,学生需要一点幽默,
a little bit of engagement to keep them going in arduous 8 days of study. 需要一点激励才能熬过一天紧张的学习。
But we need to be very careful when we act protractedly out of character. 但是当我们扮演其他性格的时候需要万分小心。

n.演戏,行为,假装;adj.代理的,临时的,演出用的
  • Ignore her,she's just acting.别理她,她只是假装的。
  • During the seventies,her acting career was in eclipse.在七十年代,她的表演生涯黯然失色。
adj.行政的,管理的
  • The administrative burden must be lifted from local government.必须解除地方政府的行政负担。
  • He regarded all these administrative details as beneath his notice.他认为行政管理上的这些琐事都不值一顾。
n.迟钝;麻木;(动物的)冬眠
  • The sick person gradually falls into a torpor.病人逐渐变得迟钝。
  • He fell into a deep torpor.他一下子进入了深度麻痹状态。
vt.制定(法律);上演,扮演
  • The U.S. Congress has exclusive authority to enact federal legislation.美国国会是唯一有权颁布联邦法律的。
  • For example,a country can enact laws and economic policies to attract foreign investment fairly quickly.例如一个国家可以很快颁布吸引外资的法令和经济政策。
n.性格内向的人
  • You are very much an introvert.你是一位地道的内向性格者。
  • The same conversation that energizes the extravert also drains the introvert.同样的交谈能让外向者荣光焕发,却让内向者精神颓靡。
v.声称,冒称,以...为业,正式接受入教,表明信仰
  • I profess that I was surprised at the news.我承认这消息使我惊讶。
  • What religion does he profess?他信仰哪种宗教?
a.性格外向的
  • Do you think you are introverted or extroverted? 你认为你性格内向还是外向?
  • Are you introverted or extroverted? 你个性内向还是外向? 来自轻松英语会话---联想2000词(上)
adj.艰苦的,费力的,陡峭的
  • We must have patience in doing arduous work.我们做艰苦的工作要有耐性。
  • The task was more arduous than he had calculated.这项任务比他所估计的要艰巨得多。
标签: TED演讲