TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(4)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲商业篇
英语课
I'll be honest, then my relationship with Dan deteriorated 1 somewhat, because the next email I got was this: 实话实说,那之后我跟Dan的关系在某种程度上就恶化了,因为我发现下一封邮件是这样写的:
"Thanks for your email - your Case Number is ..." “感谢您的邮件--您的处理编号是……”
That's outrageous 2. I said, "Dan?" 这真是让我哭笑不得。我说:“Dan,在吗?”
And I got -- and I was just like, this is ... -- and I, I .... And I said, "Danny?" 然后我收到的还是……这……让我……我说:“Danny,你在吗?!”
And I thought, this is terrible. All I'm doing is collecting case numbers. I said, "D-Dog?" 我觉得,这太糟糕了。我一直在收到这些处理编号。我说:“是电子狗吗?”
"The store is now open." “超市现在开张了。”
I said, "But Dan, they must have wondered why there was no bouncy castle." 我说:“但是Dan,大家都会想为什么没有充气城堡吧。”
And then we were back to this. 然后又变成了处理邮件。
And that might have been the end of the story, but I remembered that anything -- everything 故事应该在此就结束了。但是我突然发觉,任何事--每件事
even something as mundane 3 as getting out of a car, can be fun if you find the right game. 甚至于一些日常小事儿,如下车,只要掌握了正确的玩法,都能变得有趣。
So, this is what I replied: And we just, uh .. 所以,我就回复到:然后我们就……
It was like we were dancing. It was just a beautiful relationship. We just kept going. It was lovely. 这就像我们在翩翩起舞。就像我们是完美的关系。我们就这样进行下去。太和谐了。
But to be honest, guys, it was quite labor-intensive, and I had other stuff to do, believe it or not. 但是老实说,伙计们,这挺费功夫的,我还有别的事情要忙,不论你信不信。
恶化,变坏( deteriorate的过去式和过去分词 )
- Her health deteriorated rapidly, and she died shortly afterwards. 她的健康状况急剧恶化,不久便去世了。
- His condition steadily deteriorated. 他的病情恶化,日甚一日。
adj.无理的,令人不能容忍的
- Her outrageous behaviour at the party offended everyone.她在聚会上的无礼行为触怒了每一个人。
- Charges for local telephone calls are particularly outrageous.本地电话资费贵得出奇。
标签:
TED演讲